Later UOSA

Topics related to Second Age
Kylock

Later UOSA

Post by Kylock »

I've had a lot of fun playing Second Age and I like to think that i helped a lot of new players out, or at the very least gave some of the people who pvp some fun here and there.

After losing interest in UO entirely, I've been inactive for quite a while.

Everylnn/RedRum/Luna Spell was one of the players I helped when he started here. We became friends, he even offered to go have drinks since we had realized we lived bout an hour apart (yeah, sounds lame).

As a young home owner, recently injured again and unable to work..
I figured i'd text him to see if he was interested in any of my UOSA belongings.

Long story short, I was dumb and we agreed to a deal.

He was to access my accounts, and liquidate some rares, trophies, silver, etc.
He made out with 350ish silver, mask, sandals, loaded castle, loaded tower, a few empty houses.
I was supposed to receive an extra computer he had laying around, which I was going to sell to a buddy and climb outta the hole a little bit. . .

His end of the bargain was never held up unfortunately -- and now 4 weeks later I've been calling/texting him for the last 4-5 days and being ignored.
I tried getting ahold of him in his guild/MHKs vent I get banned as I see him in a "SC2" channel" and try paging him.

I guess I blame myself for being trusting in someone I considered a friend.

I don't expect anything to be done, it's my own fuck up.

Just letting people know for future reference "Dana" or ingame Redrum/Luna Spell/Everlynn is a true piece of garbage.

But thanks Derrick and to all those who made UOSA fun - definitely my last real UO experience.

Sorry to disappoint

TheEttinKing

Re: Later UOSA

Post by TheEttinKing »

thats karma there

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

In the name of Ian, thou hath been avenged!
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21952

Impossible!! Proof in link!

P.S isnt that technically selling items in RL? You were to recieve a computer for your UOSA items? I say ban all the accounts. Yours and His.

Just my 2 cents

Downs

Post by Downs »

Jorel wrote:http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21952

Impossible!! Proof in link!

P.S isnt that technically selling items in RL? You were to recieve a computer for your UOSA items? I say ban all the accounts. Yours and His.

Just my 2 cents

Oh snap! That's true....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

Downs wrote:Oh snap! That's true....
Heh.

Just watched em get owned in 1v1 tournament, was pretty satisfying.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Selling in game items for currency is against the rules, but is trading in game items for real life items against the rules as well?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

your own fault for not using blackfoot as a broker
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

BobDobbs wrote:Selling in game items for currency is against the rules, but is trading in game items for real life items against the rules as well?
Why wouldnt it be? Even if he traded the items he admitted he was going to sell the computer. Thats cash for pixels in my book.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

whoever took his stuff has out done chumbucket by mound and leaps and bounds

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Your all such scum your even scum irl ALL HAIL NEVERMORE AND HIS BAN HAMMER!!!

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Jorel wrote:
BobDobbs wrote:Selling in game items for currency is against the rules, but is trading in game items for real life items against the rules as well?
Why wouldnt it be? Even if he traded the items he admitted he was going to sell the computer. Thats cash for pixels in my book.
Because I'm looking for a way to not cast blame on someone struggling so I can satisfy my personal ethics.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Actually the rules state "Selling in games items via irc or the forums is a bannable offense" says nothing of agreements made over drinks irl. Btw, I gave away more shit then that last time I quit UO Kylock so man up and start fresh like I did.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

Stranger wrote:Actually the rules state "Selling in games items via irc or the forums is a bannable offense" says nothing of agreements made over drinks irl. Btw, I gave away more shit then that last time I quit UO Kylock so man up and start fresh like I did.
Soliciting anything on Second age for real currency through the forums, be it PUBLIC or private communication OR in IRC or in-game is not allowed and will result in account termination if discovered.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

As far as i'm concerned, if i know someone irl and they offer me something IRL in person for something in a game....totally fine.

I think the rules here are setup so the server doesn't bring attention to itself and get derrick sued.
Last edited by GuardianKnight on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson