This is so...great (some questions inside)

Moderator: Support Moderators

dorklard

This is so...great (some questions inside)

Post by dorklard »

Hello

the last time ive played UO was in 2001. After Trammel and the subsequent patches spoiled the game for me, i continued to play on freeshards, but soon this all died out.
Frustrated by the fastfood MMORPGs , i googled a bit, and found this. Well... after installation and hearing this old client music (i used to turned it off back then, but it reminded me of the first days in UO on OSI when everything was new and exciting), i nearly shed a tear.

Okay, now for my questions:

- Does Armslore train STR ? I have Lore-Macrod for about an hour and STR still @ 10. Bad luck or just no connetion between A-Lore and STR ? IF the latter, whats a good way to bump STR up ?
- I vaguely remember something about Macro-Protection on OSI, so that you had to move 8 squares in order to gain the most skills. is that true here as well ?
- IS there "Precast" (like Vas Ort Flam and then equip hally , run around some mintues and release the Explo) ?

For now, my plan would be: 1. make a mule and farm stuff, meanwhile macro up a dexxer, 2. after having made 20k cash start building up pve-mage(Bard/Tamer-stuff), 3. get house, 4. build pvp mage

Rly looking forwards this all..so Great !

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: This is so...great (some questions inside)

Post by roguan »

dorklard wrote:- Does Armslore train STR ? I have Lore-Macrod for about an hour and STR still @ 10. Bad luck or just no connetion between A-Lore and STR ? IF the latter, whats a good way to bump STR up ?
Camping, Herding, Mining, Lumberjacking
dorklard wrote:- I vaguely remember something about Macro-Protection on OSI, so that you had to move 8 squares in order to gain the most skills. is that true here as well ?
You may stand still and gain. No need to move 8 tiles.
dorklard wrote:- IS there "Precast" (like Vas Ort Flam and then equip hally , run around some mintues and release the Explo) ?
Yes. The precasted spell expires after a time, but I'm not sure how long.
dorklard wrote:For now, my plan would be: 1. make a mule and farm stuff, meanwhile macro up a dexxer, 2. after having made 20k cash start building up pve-mage(Bard/Tamer-stuff), 3. get house, 4. build pvp mage
That's a pretty good plan.
Although, you can probably macro up your bard and dexxer at the same time, since you may have three accounts. Although, if you want more of the nostalgic feeling you had while playing back in the day, you may want to stick to one account. Up to you.

Bards are usually the best bet for farming. But Irong ingots are the highest demand resources. You can always sell ingots.
"The NPK"

Return to “New Player Help”