Random Wandering

Moderator: Support Moderators

Atraxi

Random Wandering

Post by Atraxi »

Okay, sometimes (I haven't figured out any exact circumstances when this happens), when i am running somewhere and I try to stop, my character will suddenly start wandering around randomly. Sometimes they will stay in the same room, sometimes they will go to other rooms, and sometimes they will even wander outside. They even open doors by themselves when necessary! (And, NO, Razor's "Auto-open doors" setting is NOT enabled. I checked.)

This rarely happens while mounted, almost always on foot.

The character is completely out of my control until he stops.

The word "Pathfinding" appears above his head.

This concerns me greatly as I am sure that eventually this will get my character killed.

The worst occurrence was when I was on the 2nd level of a two story. The character walked around in circles, then tried to open a locked door (I saw "This is locked"), then walked downstairs, into the NW room of the house, back into the main downstairs room, then opened the front doors, and wandered around outside. The doors remained open during this whole time, as I was completely out of control. There was a gargoyle aggroing my tamed pet inside my house at the time and I was afraid that either (1) a thief was going to get into my house, or (2) the gargoyle was going to attack my toon while I was out of control, or both. Luckily, nothing bad happened, but I did use Detect Hidden and cast Reveal like a schitzo when I was safely back in my locked house to make double sure I was still alone.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Re: Random Wandering

Post by Pirul »

:lol:

You only need DH. It will not fail if you own or are friended/co-owned to the house. That mostly happens when you double right click on a spot. You char will do anything possible to get there.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Pirul wrote:anything possible
Even open doors?
Pirul wrote:You only need DH. It will not fail if you own or are friended/co-owned to the house.
I used both DH and Reveal spell to make myself feel better. And I believe that DH is only 100% for the owner. Unless I am mistaken, a GM told me that friends and co-owners have, like, a 99% success rate or something like that. I know the failure chances are slim but still, what if this was that ONE time? Hmm?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Atraxi wrote:
Pirul wrote:anything possible
Even open doors?
Yes
Atraxi wrote:
Pirul wrote:You only need DH. It will not fail if you own or are friended/co-owned to the house.
I used both DH and Reveal spell to make myself feel better. And I believe that DH is only 100% for the owner. Unless I am mistaken, a GM told me that friends and co-owners have, like, a 99% success rate or something like that. I know the failure chances are slim but still, what if this was that ONE time? Hmm?
I didn't know that. I will however use DH more than once when I'm paranoid.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Go into options and turn off pathfinding.

Yes, it will probably get you killed.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Option is here:
Attachments
Screenshot-7.png
Screenshot-7.png (240.06 KiB) Viewed 555 times
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

you've been playing with pathfinding on all this time?!
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

nightshark wrote:you've been playing with pathfinding on all this time?!
Apparently. I didn't know anything about it. I'm not a seasoned UO vet. I started UOSA about a year ago and its the first shard I've ever played on.

Return to “New Player Help”