DorkLard's Problem Thread ;-)

Moderator: Support Moderators

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: This is so...great (some questions inside)

Post by nightshark »

dorklard wrote:Or do i need to manually un-equip before releasing the spell ? (When casting however, Razor works fine and auto-unequips for me)
yes
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Re: DorkLard's Problem Thread ;-)

Post by Pirul »

Set up an equip and unequip hotkey in razor, it's the easiest way.

That way you can: hit hotkey for unequip; cast recall; hit hotkey for equip; continue fighting; hit hotkey for unequip; target rune.

But remember, the spell will only remain queued for about 30 seconds, so don't expect to be able to go farm liches for 15 minutes with recall precasted.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Very well, thanks for your patience :)

Here comes the next (and hopefully last^^) question:

im planning the following character as PvM/Moneymaker, since i think Taming is a real pain in the ass to train up:

GM Music
GM Provo
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Magery
GM Medi
GM ???

Now, the seventh is a bit difficile. Im planning on Provoking stuff like Ogre Lord, Blood Ele or Dragon, while peppering them with Arrows. I also want to cast E-Vortex. There comes my question: Will Eval influence the damage on Evortex ? If so, then the choise is still not easy. Is the damage difference huge ? I know Eval infuences direct damage spells. But how bout Vortex or B-Spirit ? Sadly, nothing about the Eval Infulence to damage is said in Wiki, and I didnt have a mage back in the T2A era.

IF i dont take eval, ill probably take either Hiding for extra PK-safety, or Anat for more Arrow Damage.

PS: about he Provo gain... I thought about starting up with 50 mage/50 provo. But if Provo gains much better than in UO:R era , i would rather get 50 mage/50 medi or so. Anyone with Provo GM around ? What time would be needed to get from 30[50] Provo to GM, when provoking lets say two timberwolves in my house, seperated by Tables ?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

dorklard wrote: GM Music
GM Provo
GM Archery
GM Tactics
GM Magery
GM Medi
GM ???

Now, the seventh is a bit difficile. Im planning on Provoking stuff like Ogre Lord, Blood Ele or Dragon, while peppering them with Arrows. I also want to cast E-Vortex. There comes my question: Will Eval influence the damage on Evortex ? If so, then the choise is still not easy. Is the damage difference huge ? I know Eval infuences direct damage spells. But how bout Vortex or B-Spirit ? Sadly, nothing about the Eval Infulence to damage is said in Wiki, and I didnt have a mage back in the T2A era.

IF i dont take eval, ill probably take either Hiding for extra PK-safety, or Anat for more Arrow Damage.
Okay, 1st of all. If you are planning on doing anything as a Mage, you need Eval. Otherwise, you are wasting your time with magery. All it will be good for is recalling. You can't even GHeal effectively. So, I'll tell you that your 7th skill needs to be Eval.

2nd of all. Any pk worth his weight in blood will have tracking and maybe even detect. This makes hiding all but worthless vs. pks. If that's the whole reason for including that in your temp, I'd leave it out.

3rd of all. EV and BS are almost useless. A recent patch lobotomized them severely. They are about 3 steps below mentally-retarded now. If you cast one, it will probably come after you.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Hm, I remember E-Vortex being EXTREMELY powerful PvM Spell on OSI in the T2A Era.

So is this supposed to be like this here or just a bug at the moment ?

So, all in all then in this case I think I will make it more a dexer with Heal and Anat to focus on Archery, with Magery being at 65 for relatively safe recalling.

PS: HAve the enormous STR gains by herding seasaw been fixed in the last ~20 hours? Yesterday they were quite amazing on my dexxer. Now I macro it for half an hour at my bard just one point of STR :< (and strangely 2 points of dex and 2 points of int ?)

PPS: Shouldnt a PK be maxed out on PvP stats ? like the usual Tankmage Template. Never heard about Tracking used by PKs ^^ (Although I rarely ever played one myself)

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

dorklard wrote:Hm, I remember E-Vortex being EXTREMELY powerful PvM Spell on OSI in the T2A Era.

So is this supposed to be like this here or just a bug at the moment ?

So, all in all then in this case I think I will make it more a dexer with Heal and Anat to focus on Archery, with Magery being at 65 for relatively safe recalling.

PS: HAve the enormous STR gains by herding seasaw been fixed in the last ~20 hours? Yesterday they were quite amazing on my dexxer. Now I macro it for half an hour at my bard just one point of STR :< (and strangely 2 points of dex and 2 points of int ?)

PPS: Shouldnt a PK be maxed out on PvP stats ? like the usual Tankmage Template. Never heard about Tracking used by PKs ^^ (Although I rarely ever played one myself)
The GMs insist that EV and BS are accurate now and will not be changed.

and the STR gains from herding go up and down. You just gotta be patient. You will GM herding before you reach your STR goal.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Atraxi wrote:Okay, 1st of all. If you are planning on doing anything as a Mage, you need Eval. Otherwise, you are wasting your time with magery. All it will be good for is recalling. You can't even GHeal effectively. So, I'll tell you that your 7th skill needs to be Eval.

2nd of all. Any pk worth his weight in blood will have tracking and maybe even detect. This makes hiding all but worthless vs. pks. If that's the whole reason for including that in your temp, I'd leave it out.

3rd of all. EV and BS are almost useless. A recent patch lobotomized them severely. They are about 3 steps below mentally-retarded now. If you cast one, it will probably come after you.
This is almost entirely false.

Eval doesn't impact Healing spells. All it impacts is direct damage spells.

The majority of PKs don't have Tracking or Detect.

For a provoking bard, I would do:

Magery
Wrestling
Meditation
Resist
Eval
Provoke
Music

Resist is the most negotiable of all of those. If for one reason or another, you're dying to have something like Hiding in there, or Peacemaking, I would drop Resist.
EVs are pretty effective, in my opinion. Yes, they are stupid, and their targeting is broken. But they are beasts in combat, and it's very easy to get them to target a monster... you just need to get them next to the monster. So simply run and put yourself so that the monster is between you and the EV. When the EV moves towards you to attack, it will pass next to the monster and begin attacking it instead.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree with Mikel. Eval Int doesn't impact the amount healed by GHeal, or the strength of EV's. What you DO need is wrestling. It will save your life more than any of the other skills combined.

Mikel's template is exactly that of my provo-mage, I recomend that.

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

so is the EV only "stupid" or also weaker in the terms of damage and so on ?

This is actually where hiding comes in (cast EV on edge of screen and hide while i let it attack the monsters. then come out and snipe with bow. is that possible ?)

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Yeah, when I said "mentally retarded", I did, in fact mean that they were stupid. I didn't expect you to take mental retardation as physical weakness. I don't see how those are related, but whatever.

If you cast an EV or BS farther than 1 tile from your target, it will come after you. I don't know how much you know about hiding, but it's difficult to hide when something that moves very fast is chasing you.

If you can manage to get the EV to attack the monsters, then it will be effective. However, if you hide, and there are no monsters within ONE tile of the EV, it will stay where it is, and stand there like a fkn retard until it times out.

I would not count on EV's until you learn how to manipulate them effectively. Now, once you do that, I'm sure they are quite deadly. But I got tired of dying and almost dying to my own EV, so I stopped using them.

@Mikel123: you are correct. I was mistaken about the Eval and greater heal. However, any offensive spells will be much less effective without eval.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

EV are actually stronger (they recently increased their HP's), and will kill (or leave for dead) almost anything unless dispelled.

The trick to using EV's efficiently is that you need to "kite" the EV. Move around while it's trailing you so that it bumps into a monster, once you accomplish that, you're golden!! Of course this is much easier said than done, and needs some practice to get done. It works better in open places like WW and AW rooms, as opposed to the small passage ways in Thera Keep, for example.

You can hide, but unless the EV is right next to the monster, chances are, it's just going to stand there and do nothing.

EDIT: Hence, Mikel's template would be my suggestion.

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

About Wrestling: When im armed with a Bow or X-Bow, does Wrestling then count as my "defense skill" ?

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Nope, archery

dorklard

Post by dorklard »

Hm, then i rly dont see the point in Wrestling in a PvM Build like this. Maybe I will find out after the first few dungeon delves ;-)

With 100 Music/100 Provo I should close to allways succeed right (99% ?) ? So no melee involved with monsters.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

True on the melee, but you'll be crying to have wrestling when you try to recall when in a pickle.