All follow stamina of pets

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

All follow stamina of pets

Post by Mikel123 »

So, Derrick posted about how when a pet enters follow mode, it's stamina is refreshed. Presumably this works for all pets, not just horses, right?

I'm not sure it's functioning correctly. My tamer doesn't have anatomy, so I can't gauge the stamina of my pets, but after they kill something I say "all follow me", and they do, but since they have 100% stamina, they should be able to step on the same tile as each other (once)... but they don't do that.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: All follow stamina of pets

Post by GuardianKnight »

Not only that but shouldn't they also go back to normal speed even while hurt when you say follow?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

OK, GuardianKnight and I just tested this in-game.

For non-mount pets, their stamina is refreshed upon following.

Two questions then remain: why don't they walk on top of each other (once) while at full stamina? That was a big thing I noticed in Trammel... your pets would almost always end up on the same tile when attacking something, or following you, because there was no such thing as blocking due to stamina. Go to Felucca though, and your pets would ultimately all wind up occupying different tiles because they couldn't "push through" each other. This may just be a coding thing, and may be accurate, I dunno, just curious.

Second, GK's question about their pursuit and follow speed. I always thought speed was a function of health (monsters too seem to move more slowly at low health), but then again monsters at low health tend to be low on stamina too. So if stamina is the factor, it would seem that a dragon at 10% health and 100% stamina should be moving at it's full speed.

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

I couldn't say what exactly caused the behaviour, but it definitely is accurate. Low health pets walked very slowly, and healing them up fixed it immediately, no need to wait for their stamina to come back. And nothing I ever found got them back to full speed other than healing them back to full health. It could be that mob max speed was determined by their dex, and then their current HP% reduced their speed from there, stamina then not actually playing any part in it? Or perhaps the max speed was still determined by their current stamina, but still with a % reduction based on their current HP%? That way both stamina and health would make mobs move slower. I am not sure if that was the case or not, can anyone who had a macefighter that did a lot of PvE remember if mobs moved slower from you beating on them even if they were still at high health?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Mikel123 wrote: Two questions then remain: why don't they walk on top of each other (once) while at full stamina? That was a big thing I noticed in Trammel... your pets would almost always end up on the same tile when attacking something, or following you, because there was no such thing as blocking due to stamina. Go to Felucca though, and your pets would ultimately all wind up occupying different tiles because they couldn't "push through" each other. This may just be a coding thing, and may be accurate, I dunno, just curious.
NPCs never could walk over a mobile like player's were able to do in game.

This was possible in Trammel due to the fact that 'blocking' did not exist unless it was an enemy guild.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, any followers are at full stamina whenever they are following,but Faust is correct in that NPC's/Creatures/Monsters cannot "push through" as players do.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."