New Player needs help figuring stuff out.

Moderator: Support Moderators

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

New Player needs help figuring stuff out.

Post by xevec »

Hi, I'm a new player (Lucretia) and I still haven't been able to figure some things out. I played a few days on a newer Ultima shard but, it was boring and this one looked exciting.
So here's my questions.
1. In the newer Ultima, it shows me how much damage my weapons do, is that not the case with Second Age?
2. I currently have a starter longsword, and want to upgrade. Regular ones seem to cost about 60g at the vendors, but there is a vendor by the blacksmith's guild that has a broadsword listed for like 250g. Will this broadsword be better than an average one? How do I tell?
3. How can I find out what my damage stats are and weapons stats in game?
4. Where can I buy a horse that I can ride?
5. I read that all weapons have a primary and secondary skill, but I can't seem to find out how to access them. Are my skills to low (Swordsmanship 59%)?
6. Also where do I go for quests? I've already found the newbie sewer dungeon.
Thanks in Advance.

Pirul

Re: New Player needs help figuring stuff out.

Post by Pirul »

1.- No. You cannot find out exactly how much dmg a weapon will make. There is however a ton of information out there. Try looking in the wiki for some basic information. This other link provides a little more information on the modifiers weapons and armor can have.

2.- Probably, but no knowing for sure. The only way to find out is if you click on it, and it says a magic broadsword, then it probably is. The longsword you currently have is "newbied", which means you cannot loose it. It might wear out over time, but if you die, it will stay on you. Anything you buy, if you die, you are subject to loosing it.

For your level right now, anything GM made is probably better. Find a vendor that sells GM made weapons. You will know they are GM made because it will say "an exceptional katana crafted by [name of crafter]". A GM made Katana should go for around 100 gold, and is a decent weapon you can use in your training.

3.- Not sure exactly what you're asking for here, but you can know your skills by opening up your skill scroll from your paper doll. You can see the damage you have taken/are taking by pulling up your stat bar (click on yourself and drag to one side, dbl click this bar if you want some additional information). If what you want to know is what damage your weapon is making, that's a bit tougher. You can however see if it is in good shape or in need of repairs. Use the Arms Lore skill to find out. Also, if you want to know your Armor Rating (how much "defense" you have on) dbl click your stat bar, and there should be a shield in the top right hand corner with a number beside it, that is your AR. That's about as much info as I know you can get in game.

4.- You can buy horses at stables. There are several in different cities. A horse will cost you anywhere between 650 - 800 gps. (Remember if your horse says it is "fatigued", hop off, say "all follow me", hop on, and you're good)

5.- You can increase each skill up to 100, with a cap of 700 for all skills, so swordsmanship definitely can benefit from going higher. "Secondary" skills probably refers to complementary skills to your swordsmanship. Skills like Tactics and Anatomy will help you deal more damage. I suggest you skim through some of the skills listed here.

6.- Hmmm, you can probably try the scavanger quest, go to Lord British's throne room, and walk up to him. He will give you a scroll for a quest.

Also, don't forget to check out NEW guild, it's a guild dedicated to helping out new players. Also feel free to PM me on IRC so I can help you set up better.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”