Frequent "Connection Lost"

stevedub40

Frequent "Connection Lost"

Post by stevedub40 »

I'm not sure if this is normal, or if there is some sort of issue, but I seem to loose connection quite a bit while macro'ing. Does anyone else experience this, or have any suggestions?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Frequent "Connection Lost"

Post by Chaos »

There is no server side reason you should lose connection other then the daily shard reboot at about 7am est.

What other info do you have .. maybe power management options ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

stevedub40

Post by stevedub40 »

I have a fairly new rig, i7 920, so i disabled the throttle in the bios. I'll see how that works and get back. I'm also running windows7

stevedub40

Post by stevedub40 »

Well, that seemed to do the trick. I've been connected for several hours now. Weird how something like that can affect the game. I remember playing this game on an old 166mhz Zenon computer with 28.8k dialup. Boy, have times changed :).

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Glad your problem seems fixed .. Post any time you have a problem.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

stevedub40

Post by stevedub40 »

Well crap, it started doing it again. Seems like every 15 minutes or so I loose connection. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm on a 25MB wired cable connection via a linksys WRT160Nv3 router if that helps at all.

Myg

Post by Myg »

Next time you run the game with your setup go to start menu> Run> type in "cmd" (without the " ")>press enter> type in "ping uosecondage.com -t" (without the " " again) and run it until you lose connection.

If you see the ping packets being dropped at the same time (timing out) as your disconnect, its your side; if its staying the same: Its server/Net side.