Newbied Keys

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Newbied Keys

Post by fooka03 »

To avoid the possibility of deletion by greedy parties I have decided to post this here.

Either stealing or hiding (with tinkering) will allow a new character to spawn with a newbied key (the skills breakdown I used was 10 stealing, 49 tinkering, and 41 hiding)

The more likely case with this however is that any character with 45-49 tinkering starts with a newbied key. (As I made a second character with 48 stealing, 41 tinkering, 11 hiding and no key) If someone feels up to giving this a run on test to see what exact skill/mix causes a newb key (or if you already know) please give us a post here.
I'm pretty sure regardless, there's not supposed to be newb keys in the game.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Newbied Keys

Post by DarkWing »

fooka03 wrote:To avoid the possibility of deletion by greedy parties I have decided to post this here.

Either stealing or hiding (with tinkering) will allow a new character to spawn with a newbied key (the skills breakdown I used was 10 stealing, 49 tinkering, and 41 hiding)

The more likely case with this however is that any character with 45-49 tinkering starts with a newbied key. (As I made a second character with 48 stealing, 41 tinkering, 11 hiding and no key) If someone feels up to giving this a run on test to see what exact skill/mix causes a newb key (or if you already know) please give us a post here.
I believe that the Newb Key is one of Many Random items you get from making a Tinker.... again i say, ITS RANDOM!

good luck

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I believe it is random when you choose tinkering as a skill.

I made 15 characters on test and a few on the live shard and got 1, with Detect Hidden and Tinkering, 50/50.

It looks like Derrick has blocked people from making new accounts, I think, which is at least a start to curbing this.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

It shouldn't be part of the random pool ;) Thanks for the posts, and yea I hope he's working on it.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Personally, I think it's probably worth deleting all of the newbie house keys on the shard. They're not era-accurate and they're pretty gamebreaking, and at this point we don't even know what portion of them were made "accidentally" and what portion were made on purpose, knowingly exploiting bugs.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Uo Facts-Did you know stranger was the first person on the server catskills to make a stack of ingots that was 65k ingots in one stack and you couldn't draw a ingot off the stack?

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

robinyip

Post by robinyip »

DarkWing wrote:
fooka03 wrote:To avoid the possibility of deletion by greedy parties I have decided to post this here.

I believe that the Newb Key is one of Many Random items you get from making a Tinker.... again i say, ITS RANDOM!

good luck
YES...you are right and it's era-accurate