Selling cooked fish steaks

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Rjak

Selling cooked fish steaks

Post by Rjak »

Hello everyone!
Im new to this shard and havent played UO for years. I all ready found out that no-one buyes cooked fish steaks and i think thats stupid. So my suggestion is: Make vendors buy cooked fish steaks so fishers can make money. Im going to be treasure hunter and my plan was fund my cartograph training with fish, but now i cant do it. But feel free to comment my post.

Nice to be back on UO!

Nexus

Re: Selling cooked fish steaks

Post by Nexus »

Food serves no purpose in T2A other than a small stamina refill that comes with each consumption and for decorative and roleplaying purposes so fish steaks just won't sell. Raw steaks might sell as some tamed critters may enjoy a little bit of tuna.

Outside of that, the best way to make money fishing is by either fishing up the "message in a bottle" (MiBs) items and doing them yourself or selling the bottles.

When it comes down to it, though, selling cooked fish steaks wasn't available in Nov of 1999 so it won't be available here. Unless I'm mistaken of course. :D

Rjak

Post by Rjak »

Hmm... i have played UO since -96 beta to 2006 and i infact think selling cooked fish steaks was possible in second age. Well it has been long time from that so i could be wrong too :)

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Rjak wrote:...no-one buyes cooked fish steaks...
I sell cooked fish steaks on my vendor and they sell pretty well. Other than bandies and recall scrolls, they are one of my top sellers.

Also, my uncle has been known to just go to the banks and sell them to people directly.

So, yeah, people buy them. Just gotta know how to sell them.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

yea i saw someone sell 10k fish steaks for 5k on the trade forum. there is some demand there. personally i've found like 2000 (cooked) fish steaks on the ground and never need to buy them. i use them as a partial stam refill when it's not urgent enough for a TR - just need to shove through something
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Put apples, pears and peaches in your Auto-Scavanger. Play the game. Never need to buy food again. :D
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

To those worried about selling fishsteaks..

I will buy all your steaks at .7gp ea.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I stole 120,000 fishsteaks from noganoo about a year ago. I still have most of them!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

chumbucket wrote:I stole 120,000 fishsteaks from noganoo about a year ago. I still have most of them!
How dare you steal all his fish! He worked hard setting up macros to gather that while afk, and deserves to reap the rewards of it.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
chumbucket wrote:I stole 120,000 fishsteaks from noganoo about a year ago. I still have most of them!
How dare you steal all his fish! He worked hard setting up macros to gather that while afk, and deserves to reap the rewards of it.
I also stole 50k of what were almost certainly macro mined ingots from Vlatslav well over a year ago and still have 20k of them!

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

nightshark wrote:yea i saw someone sell 10k fish steaks for 5k on the trade forum.
Recently? Those were probably the one's I just bought to put on my vendor.
Pirul wrote:Put apples, pears and peaches in your Auto-Scavanger. Play the game. Never need to buy food again. :D
Hey! You're supposed to be my ally! Stop telling people how they can get around buying from my vendor! Don't make me guildwhack you! :D
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

benny-

Post by benny- »

Nexus wrote:Food serves no purpose in T2A other than a small stamina refill that comes with each consumption and for decorative and roleplaying purposes so fish steaks just won't sell. Raw steaks might sell as some tamed critters may enjoy a little bit of tuna.

Outside of that, the best way to make money fishing is by either fishing up the "message in a bottle" (MiBs) items and doing them yourself or selling the bottles.

When it comes down to it, though, selling cooked fish steaks wasn't available in Nov of 1999 so it won't be available here. Unless I'm mistaken of course. :D
Not true, food does restore a small amount of stamina, however your hunger rate also determines your rate of natural HP regen...if memory serves, I believe it's 1 hp every 12 secs at full hunger...1 hp every 4 secs at stuffed.....3x hp regen....can make a bit of a difference when fighting. Always keep a good stock of fishsteaks! :wink:
- Elisud

Nexus

Post by Nexus »

benny- wrote:
Nexus wrote:Food serves no purpose in T2A other than a small stamina refill that comes with each consumption and for decorative and roleplaying purposes so fish steaks just won't sell. Raw steaks might sell as some tamed critters may enjoy a little bit of tuna.

Not true, food does restore a small amount of stamina, however your hunger rate also determines your rate of natural HP regen...if memory serves, I believe it's 1 hp every 12 secs at full hunger...1 hp every 4 secs at stuffed.....3x hp regen....can make a bit of a difference when fighting. Always keep a good stock of fishsteaks! :wink:
Awesome. You're right.

This is what the wiki says:
"Eating food is not beneficial other than small regens to Stamina."

Then in the next paragraph:
"...and gives a boost to passive health regeneration."

That'll learn me for not reading it all.