Disapearing items

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Pirul

Disapearing items

Post by Pirul »

The only reason I'm posting this is because it has happened twice now. Both under relatively similar circumstances.

Saturday night, after an IDOC, I gate hopped a couple of chests and 7k+ bronze ingots onto the front steps of my house. I clearly saw them placed on the ground once I released them. I picked up one of the chests to hop it in, and the ingots disapeared. Just like that. Gone. Detect Hidden, nothing. Cast Reveal, nothing. CTRL + Shift, nothing. The other chests were fine, it was just the ingots that disappeared. Needless to say, there was no way they could have been misplaced inside the chests since they could not have held that weight.

So, fast forward to monday early afternoon. I am gate hopping about 500 cut leather. Again, I place them on the front steps of my house without a problem. Open the lock, open the door, lock the door, place them INSIDE the house, move up, close the door, DH, all clear. I pick them up to place on a table, and they "bounce" back (with the clanking sound and everything), like some items do when you try to place them in prohibited places. The only issue is, they are not back on the floor. Same routine. Detect Hidden, nothing. Cast Reveal, nothing. CTRL + Shift, nothing. I know I couldn't have misplaced them since they weighed a ton, and no container would've been able to hold them (yes I am positive I don't have a locked down container near by).

I have been able to gate hop lighter and heavier things since that with no problems, I just want to know if this is some sort of freak issue. I know I've sometimes fallen through the floor of my house when gating, maybe it is somehow related and the items fell "under" the house and are still there.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Re: Disapearing items

Post by Derrick »

If this happens please page immediately and we'll hopefully be able to come right over and look. I'm very curious about the bounced items. Usually when this is reported the items are found, but there have been some mysteries in the past.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pirul

Re: Disapearing items

Post by Pirul »

Will do, ty.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay