Armor Bug?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
benny-

Armor Bug?

Post by benny- »

Not sure if this is a bug or "feature" but I noticed something earlier....if I wear chainmail armor and then put on arms of lesser value such as studded or ring I lose ar. To be precise, I bought a gm dexxer suit (close helm, plate gorget, chain tunic/legs and ring arms/gloves) I put on all the items except the arms and had 29 ar, I put on the ringmail arms and had 28 ar.

The only thing I can figure is the chainmail tunic counts as both tunic and arms and thus putting ringail into the arms slot means a worse armor quality, thus less ar. Realistically, why would I be less protected by wearing more armor? heh.

Not thats a really big deal, I just like the look of full armor, plus it makes dexxer suits not the most practical. As far as accuracy I remember the gm sets back in the day, "light archer" sets were pretty popular, these were chain and ring sets as well and while I cant remember the exact ar values, I cant see why people would've sold the sets as they were with the sleeves if it wouldve meant a worse ar rating. Dunno, any ideas?
- Elisud

vteclude

Re: Armor Bug?

Post by vteclude »

i noticed this happened after they (sec.age) messed with the paper doll layers and clothing giving AR. not sure if that was their intent tho. on my dexer i like to wear a bone chest and then throw a chain tunic on for my arm protection. might get some really good AR #s with a gm plate chest too, but havent tried it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This was entirely intentional and era accurate. It's not even a bug, but it's behavior is exactly as described in the docs. Chain armor will protect your arms when no other armor is being worn there.

The details on this patch are here: Patch 50 - August 2, 2008: Clothing AR and Armor Layers

benny-

Post by benny- »

alright then, thanks Derrick
- Elisud

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

just another thing to throw out there. i think i remember the archer suits (same items described above) all made exceptional quality giving 32 AR total not 28/29. might want to look into that.

Ionatan McHile

Post by Ionatan McHile »

i think it was 32 as well
Ionatan/Seonac
Archimedes/Hippocrates/Herotodus
Aarany Wordsmith
The Fire King
FU Forces Unknown
Vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Here's the armor table:
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/armor.html

I'm coming up with a base rating of 23.5 for the dexer suit, and adding 20% to the ar for exceptional yields 31.05. This is with full durability; no wear.

I just crafted myself a gm suit and did indeed come up with 28 AR.

I'll figure out the trouble with this and fix asap.
Thanks guys.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I did my math wrong above, I've been working on this most of the morning at I did my math wrong a few times now. I've finally put it into a spreadsheet so i could get it straight.

The correct ar for an exceptional archer suit is as follows:
Ringmail Sleeves: 3.36
Chainmail Tunic: 12.144
Ringmail Gloves: 1.68
Close Helm: 5.04
Chainmail Leggings: 3.864
Plate Gorget (-1 DEX): 2.52
Total Suit Value: 28.608 (Which rounds up to 29)

This is based on the armor values and localized ratios which are:
Body 44%
Arms 14%
Head 14%
Legs/Feet 14%
Neck 7%
Hands 7%

Armor values are linked above. Exceptional gives a 20% bonus to AR rating.

The AR values on some items were increased with the release of UO:R, for example Plate armor went from 30 AR to 40 AR base. This may account for the discrepancy.
This is indicated in the difference between these following pages:
Oct '99: Exceptional Plate=36AR: http://web.archive.org/web/199910131406 ... cessay.htm
March 2000: Exceptional Plate=36AR: http://web.archive.org/web/200003041207 ... cessay.htm
June 2000: Exceptional Plate=48AR: http://web.archive.org/web/200006081132 ... cessay.htm

I did find a decimal rounding error in the ar code that was causing a display error of 2 pts on the archer suit above. This will be fixed tommorrow.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

even if you lseo the 1 ar from putting on arms, your total suit of armour gains more hps which is good
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]