Thief-proofing and using items inside locked containers

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Eaglestaff

Thief-proofing and using items inside locked containers

Post by Eaglestaff »

Memory is failing me here but weren't you able to pick up items, use scrolls/pots, and otherwise access things that were inside a locked container so long as that container gump was open and not locked itself but inside another locked container who's gump was open? Basically, couldn't you put a backpack inside a lockable box and then move stuff around inside the backpack after locking the box that you put it in? I think the way it worked was you had to keep the backpack open and you could use stuff in it but if you accidentally closed the backpack you'd have to unlock the box it's in before you could reopen the backpack and use stuff in it. You can still target runes, use regs, and fire arrows that are in a locked container but you can't use scrolls or move items in and out of it.

Derrick

Re: Thief-proofing and using items inside locked containers

Post by Derrick »

I believe that is correct, however I don't know when/if that changed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."