UO client has stopped working?/win 7

gadafgadaf

UO client has stopped working?/win 7

Post by gadafgadaf »

I am running windows 7 and every now and then i have a couple of my clients or all of them stop working on me. I read some where that it could be the music, but my default is music is unchecked in the off position. or a compatability issue so i've changed to windows xp sp2 run as admin from default xp sp3 but still i just came back after leaving macros running to find once again "Ultima Online client has stopped working" from a system msg. I've been playing this game for about 2 weeks and it just started happening a couple of day ago and i didn't change a thing. Someone know a fix? i have not tried uninstalling yet...

here are the details.(i have no idea what this means)
Application Timestamp: 46004869
Fault Module Name: client.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.0.8.3
Fault Module Timestamp: 46004869
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00120619
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 706b
Additional Information 2: 706be7c4432a593cb30902e5f84c11ff
Additional Information 3: 1bc8
Additional Information 4: 1bc860d13f599ffe8177c719f45412f0

Dagon

Re: UO client has stopped working?/win 7

Post by Dagon »

unfortunately that crash info is 100% useless to us in diagnosing a problem.

also unfortunate is if you've tried all the recommended changes and still crash there's nothing more i can personally suggest for you to try. the main issues are xp compatibility mode and run as admin, and desktop composition on razor but that's not really about crashing.

the music crashing is fixed in the latest editions of the client installer which you most likely have, so that wouldnt be a cause even if music were on.

there's a possibility that your razor macros are causing the crash... i seem to crash every once and a while when something isn't working just right with the macros.. especially if i run out of a particular tool and it keeps trying to use the tool, for example.. for hours on end i'll usually come back to a crash.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Do the crashes happen after a disconnect? That's what happens most on mine.

The other thought I have is, does it actually crash or is it when you try to click on the clients you get a "stopped responding" message? For the stopped responding message just use your taskbar to check and see if the client is working right before trying to click.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

gadafgadaf

Post by gadafgadaf »

hm, i did just have to redo all my macros for all my characters cause of some error that razor had. it couldn't load my macros and wiped anything i didn't have in macro's folder out and it doesn't carry general macros to each character, i had to re assign them uniquely to each char. It seems to hold now though...

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Reinstall .... both razor and UO

You can try and save ya UO desktop folder and your razor macros and desktop folders ..

But first I'd try total wipe and reinstall of uo and razor to exclude corr. program data.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

gadafgadaf

Post by gadafgadaf »

fooka03 wrote:Do the crashes happen after a disconnect? That's what happens most on mine.

The other thought I have is, does it actually crash or is it when you try to click on the clients you get a "stopped responding" message? For the stopped responding message just use your taskbar to check and see if the client is working right before trying to click.
yeah i do get disconnects sometimes but im not sure if those are related. though you might be onto something.

do you mean ctrl alt del into task manager and look to see if its still running? i havent check that,. but i will look into it next time i get the error. i usually just click close the program option because I thought that the client was totally shut off due to the icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen being gone. Whats unusual though is that the error effects some of my clients but not all of em sometimes and sometimes it takes all of em. Im actively playing on one client and macroing on the other 2 and it doesnt take the active one.

gadafgadaf

Post by gadafgadaf »

Chaos wrote:Reinstall .... both razor and UO

You can try and save ya UO desktop folder and your razor macros and desktop folders ..

But first I'd try total wipe and reinstall of uo and razor to exclude corr. program data.

do you mean the original files in the folder under Programs(x86)/Ultima Online/Desktop with all my char profiles?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

sorry i don't run windows 7 so i try and stay out of this stuff ...

but there should a folder in the razor folders were that is as well as UO..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy