Player Vendors: Nov '99

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Player Vendors: Nov '99

Post by fooka03 »

On another related, albeit minor, vendor note, the current player vendors do not behave as they should with the confirmation window. At the very least you should be able to use eval int on them (for macroing purposes I'd assume) and there should be no confirmation window.

In addition, there seems to have been an exploit which allowed shopkeepers to change prices or grab items in the process of being purchased. I'm currently researching to see how this worked but no luck so far.

Of course this is all from the "dreaded" publish 1 (nov '99)
Buying from vendors will be made more secure. After selecting an item to purchase from a player vendor, you will be given a message that tells you the item name and the cost associated with it. The message will have two options:

* To purchase the item, click "okay".
* To cancel the transaction, click "cancel".

While the message is on your screen, the vendor owner will not be able to move the item or change its price until you click either "okay" or "cancel". The message will remain on the screen for 60 seconds to give you time to decide.

The evaluate intelligence skill will not work on vendors.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Re: Player Vendors: Nov '99

Post by Derrick »

You can currently use Eval Int on player vendors.

We would like to fix the other issues regarding trade windows, and vendor purchase confirmations in a batch. The thread you posted on this in Suggestions and Era Accuracy (now stickied) is very appreciated.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Player Vendors: Nov '99

Post by MatronDeWinter »

If I am not mistaken, doesnt that patch say that the confirmation window was added on that date, and that prior to that date you could eval a player vendor? Is that patch not within our timeframe? I mean, we have many things from the beginning of 2000 afterall.

The only quirk I notice with the vendor confirmation gump is that they do not stack.

I used to show at a "CV keep" as it was called on pacific, and buy regs and such in bulk by purchasing piles of 500 or whatever. I would spam vendor buy and target everything I wanted, then spam "okay" on all the confirmation gumps that were opened.

On UOSA, the window does not stack. If you "buy" something with a gump already open, it replaces the open gump instead of opening a new one over the old.