Server Lag the Past 2 Days

Nexus

Server Lag the Past 2 Days

Post by Nexus »

I had asked a couple of other people to make sure it's not me, but I've noticed some lag the past couple of days where everything will lag for about 3-5 seconds then start again. I had a feeling it was server side since creatures and players didn't suddenly jump around as though I were the only one not receiving packets. I thought maybe it'd be fixed after this morning's restart, but it's still happening.

Myg

Re: Server Lag the Past 2 Days

Post by Myg »

Yea, Im getting it too; its ruining the experience because I cant rely on the server acting properly all the time. I hope they find the fix for it soon.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

it only been happening since they put the new patch in. i'm sure derrick will get it sorted out soon.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We're running into a memory crunch and need to upgrade. Working on it.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We are stable again as of this morning, everything looks very smooth.

Pending an upcoming hardware upgrade we were able to free up some resources on the server to get our requirements down some by optimizing memory usage on the shard. This was a good exercise as it has improved save times and save file sizes slightly (very slightly) as well.

Big Patch week rarely fails to elicit troubles. Thanks to everyone for their patience!
RunningSmooth.jpg
I wish I'd take a screenshot of the performace graph yesterday, it was ugly.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

hada79

Post by hada79 »

derrick i think i may be gay for you. :oops:

SVrider

Post by SVrider »

hada79 wrote:derrick i think i may be gay for you. :oops:
LOL
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT