Lumber harvesting/spawns suggested corrections

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Lumber harvesting/spawns suggested corrections

Post by fooka03 »

Failure at lumberjacking ruins some of the wood.
From http://update.uo.com/oldupdates/10-10-97.shtml

I know it's an old patch, but it's the only one that refers to the skill aside from bug fixes. (Or the UOR patch for damage modification to axes)

Currently, with 0 lumberjacking (displayed is always > 0), one can hit a tree as many times as they want to and still get the maximum lumber that spawned on that tree. The only current benefit to being a gm lumberjack is that you can harvest more quickly as non-gms still have access to a whole node. There is no degradation of the lumber that's there. The reality is, with each failure it would remove a unit of spawn same as a harvesting success would.

Secondly, not something I can research, it seemed to me that there would be some trees that would spawn with somewhere in the area of 100-200 logs as well as some that spawned with just 10. The average was still 30-50 but there would be some crappy trees and some super trees. Currently it's almost always 40 logs with some variation. Seems like this is something that can be checked in the demo, just not something I have access to.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

marmalade

Re: Lumber harvesting/spawns suggested corrections

Post by marmalade »

well spotted.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed, thanks, moving to bug reports.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This, and a general revamp of the way harvest veins work will be in the next patch. This will also fix the issues surrounding quanities in mining veins.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

fooka03 wrote:
Failure at lumberjacking ruins some of the wood.
Secondly, not something I can research, it seemed to me that there would be some trees that would spawn with somewhere in the area of 100-200 logs as well as some that spawned with just 10. The average was still 30-50 but there would be some crappy trees and some super trees. Currently it's almost always 40 logs with some variation. Seems like this is something that can be checked in the demo, just not something I have access to.
QFT

There was (or is) a Log "vein" in Delucia near the cave entrance that I used to get tons of Logs from. When they introduced Lumberjacking as a boost for swordsmanship, i GM'd Jacking there. It was a "super" tree. I always suspected that because there are so many trees in that one area, that somehow i was tapping into all of them at the same time.

Not sure about mining.

your mom

Post by your mom »

Derrick wrote:This, and a general revamp of the way harvest veins work will be in the next patch. This will also fix the issues surrounding quanities in mining veins.
great job derrick. you and your team are really doin good with the patches. i wish i knew how to program and read script to help yous out. i had a few ideas of making stat loss less severe on reds but that's your choice i guess. its just that I'm still a noob but I'm red going in stat loss and cant play a lot cause of it. i been sitting at chaos shrine afk for 2 days. lol. it might even raise the shard popularity. of course it would balance out the innocent and murderer ratio but isn't that good? if this is not related to this thread i wont be offended if it was moved to other.

BTW anyone want sigs? my business is failing and I'm poor in game. plz request. I just made mine so I'm doing shadow detail now and trying to make them more 3d like. check out some of my latest on the uomspaint pics thread.