Dexxer Template help please

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Camus

Dexxer Template help please

Post by Camus »

Really new to the UO pvp scene (especially t2a) and have a couple questions.

My current template looks like this:
Swordsmanship 100
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Tactics 100
Resist 100
Hiding 100
???????

So question #1: Which is more useful for an anti-pk/tournament build, archery or parrying?

question #2: Is swordsmanship a decent choice for a dexxer here? Deciding whether or not it would be worth dropping to raise mace fighting.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dexxer Template help please

Post by Kabal »

I like . . .

-Mace
-Tactics
-Healing
-Anatomy
-Magery
-Wrestling
-Magic Resist

-or-

-Healing
-Anatomy
-Fencing
-Tactics
-Magic resist
-Parrying
-Poisoning

First one is better vs. a mage

second one is better vs. another dexxer but of course they both suck cuz they are dexxers :/, you might miss 5 times in a row.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Camus

Post by Camus »

I can see why macing could be superior (stamina damage), but why is fencing preferable to swords? I would think katanas are as good as kryss' and halberd as good as spear?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Swds weps are considerably slower than fencing weps here...or let me put it another way, the damage over time ratio is better for fencing weps. Regardless, I'm a swds person at heart. I might die, but I will do it holding a sword. Parry also works vs. mages...it kind of makes them mad when their hally makes less than half dmg when they expected to put in the kill shot, and gives you an extra 1.5 - 2 secs for your bandage to kick in, or to chug a GH pot.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

no way is hally comparable to spear at all. short spear is the fastest 2h weapon in the game; halberd is the slowest. axes are OK for pvp - they're fast enough to disrupt a GH. but spears are just so much more pwn, you sometimes have the opportunity to swing at a GH twice. with gm anat vs a completely unarmored opponent, you can kill in 4 hits with a GM spear, probably 3 with a vanq.

I'd rate fencing as the better PvP skill for a dexer any day. Swords has a lot of variety since it has more effective weapons than any other melee skill, but what fencing lacks in variety it makes up for in pwn.
Pirul wrote:Parry also works vs. mages...it kind of makes them mad when their hally makes less than half dmg when they expected to put in the kill shot, and gives you an extra 1.5 - 2 secs for your bandage to kick in, or to chug a GH pot.
True, I hate fighting armored dexers enough as is, without their parry. It's hard to get a swing off against a dexer who is holding down their attacklast button, then you only connect a non parried shot 1/4 of all your swings. Of those that connect non-parried, it doesn't even do that much damage. For that reason you need to rely almost solely on magery damage, and mana runs out fast (and the dexer can run out of the screen fast). A tank mage vs a well equipped dexer with parry is a losing battle.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Return to “Guides”