City Life

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: City Life

Post by Faust »

BlackFoot wrote: everyones gotta remember the ones near east brit that were always vendor shops
Yup, anyone that actually played should remember those spots.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

placing inside guardzone is not era accurate. on top of that, it makes housing pretty much grief proof, which is probably why it was stopped on osi to begin with.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

would like one not player owned there just for old times sake :o
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Faust wrote:I'm not arguing that its era accurate to allow current house deeds to be place in this manner because it wouldn't be era accurate
Righto then Faust [Imposition of Mechanical Man Accuracy himself] - In that case I'll have my item bless deed from the Clean Up Brit system instead of the clothing bless deed. It's accurate to a point - and it's a reward - so it must be good, right?

It's not a matter of not remembering these houses so if I agree with you I get dibs on the patio house next to East Brit bank, and the small house next to East Brit jeweler.

Although, there is a half decent prospect here - perhaps all of these house space-wasting "player towns", in particular that abhorrent "UOSA museam" which is absolute bollocks, can be deleted and moved to some out of the way area of Occlo so the rest of us can smack a few houses down in that low-spawn mining area. kthxsonnerdetcetcetc

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Mens Rea wrote:
Faust wrote:I'm not arguing that its era accurate to allow current house deeds to be place in this manner because it wouldn't be era accurate
Righto then Faust [Imposition of Mechanical Man Accuracy himself] - In that case I'll have my item bless deed from the Clean Up Brit system instead of the clothing bless deed. It's accurate to a point - and it's a reward - so it must be good, right?

It's not a matter of not remembering these houses so if I agree with you I get dibs on the patio house next to East Brit bank, and the small house next to East Brit jeweler.

Although, there is a half decent prospect here - perhaps all of these house space-wasting "player towns", in particular that abhorrent "UOSA museam" which is absolute bollocks, can be deleted and moved to some out of the way area of Occlo so the rest of us can smack a few houses down in that low-spawn mining area. kthxsonnerdetcetcetc

Amen to that brother!!

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Item bless deeds are useless if you really think about it, Items still wear down. Blessed perfect hally would be cool to have but over time it would decrease in hps and in the end would not be that amazing.

Sandro said it best, item bless deed would be ideal for runebooks :D

Also I think our cub system was too easy, I remember working pretty hard to get my 2-3 neon hair dyes I obtained. Not many people even got item bless deeds. During our cub, almost everyone got dyes, and many got the upper level rewards. I was a total newb and managed to get plenty of items here :D
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

jonalith

Post by jonalith »

It was pre T2A. I played from the beginning. There used to be tents and vendors everywhere in town. I remember being such a f'n 9 year old newb that i double clicked a vendor and it said "take a look at my goods" and i thought it was a real person.

got some of my first good typing experience trying to talk to player own vendors in town.

Yep... PRE-t2a.

although... if it was up to me i would enable some type of "city life" crap also, the ownership / renting of houses in town.
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19466

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Rowenhighwind wrote: There are many places in towns that look as though they had originally been intentioned for housing... Rows of housing on Nu'jelm goes unused. If it were possible to allow players to live in these locations as if they owned them, it would bring new life to areas that have always been almost completely forsaken.
nujelm houses2.jpg
nujelm houses2.jpg (252.83 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
This area is outside the actual town wall in nujelm but still guarded...wouldn't think it would be too difficult to make the rooms like tents used to be...throw a secure in em, maybe a lockable door? I don't think this will happen but thats ok...i just always wondered the same thing.

This big plot is just by the Vesper tailor shop...
Amanda Huginkiss_8-1_23.51.jpg
Amanda Huginkiss_8-1_23.51.jpg (227.66 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
This square plot of land cries for a house to be put on it...never knew why this eastern part of vesper was guarded.
Amanda Huginkiss_8-1_23.51-1.jpg
Amanda Huginkiss_8-1_23.51-1.jpg (209.19 KiB) Viewed 1320 times

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

Those areas would be great for
1) militia/police barracks for roleplay purposes (exhibit tent behavior or even have a tighter limit on storage)
2) The UOSA Museum (plenty of room for everything regarding that, not to mention more accessible)
3) A dueling ring (replace the guild dueling rings, also more accessible)
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

BoofyBlitzd

Post by BoofyBlitzd »

not that my opinion matters much in terms of accuracy but the 'rent-a-room' idea sounds awesome. :mrgreen: wishful thinkin'

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pro

Post by Pro »

I'm pretty sure Derrick already knows Guardzones arent accurate but he's looking for some proper evidence before trying to fix them. So it's probably on the back burner.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I believe we have most guard zones correct save areas surrounding lost lands entrances and the guard posts on roads. However I'm not very sure about this specific Vesper area, it doesn't seem right to me either.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."