Re-taming Animals

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Nexus

Re-taming Animals

Post by Nexus »

Re-taming animals should be more difficult for the next person to tame them and thus control. It should also provide skill gains to following tamers. I think it was 4 or 5 tamers before they couldn't get tamed anymore.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=596

It's practically a 1999 change.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Re-taming Animals

Post by fooka03 »

The short answer is not going to happen.

The slightly longer answer is that it falls outside of our target era (which ends before Nov '99), and there are a lot of other things in that patch that we really don't want here. The shard tries to not pick and choose things out of specific patches if it can be avoided at least from my experience here.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, our mechanical cutoff is Nov 1999. It's worthy of note that at the date of this patch, precasting had been removed and the new lockdown system for houses was well established.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:Aye, our mechanical cutoff is Nov 1999. It's worthy of note that at the date of this patch, precasting had been removed and the new lockdown system for houses was well established.
It might not be fully on-topic but I note there is a certain shift in the application of the concept of accuracy here... Just marking this for future reference :)