Treasure Map Spawn

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Pirul

Treasure Map Spawn

Post by Pirul »

REPORTED ISSUE: Treasure maps are not spawning mobs correctly while looting

ISSUE DETAILS: Did 3 t-maps last night, a 2 a 3 and a 4. On the 2 and 3 nothing (not a damn thing) spawned while looting. On the lvl 4, only 1 deamon spawned when I was almost done looting the chest. Decided to cut the t-hunting short as spawn is an important part of the loot from these.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: Treasure map locations

STEPS TO RECREATE: Dig up a t-map, provo spawn onto each other while looting. Some of the initial spawn were still alive wihle the looting was going on.

EXPECTED RESULTS: More spawn!!

DATE REPORTED: 7/27/10

DATE STATUS CHANGED: 7/29/10
Last edited by Pirul on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dagon

Re: Treasure Map Spawn

Post by Dagon »

repeatedly move an item around in the chest to spawn more mobs.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Did a bit of that, mostly moving around scrolls and regs to dig up the good stuff first...but regardless, having 1 mob spawn after cleaning out 3 chests (0 items left in each) seems a bit odd...and we're not talking lvl 1's here either.

Maybe spawn rate was affected by mistake or something.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Bump

(just so it doesn 't fall into oblivion)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Did you just pull the stuff out of the chest? Did you move things around? Maybe there is a possibility there for the correct number of monsters to spawn, they just spawn too infrequent when an item is removed?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Pirul wrote:Did a bit of that, mostly moving around scrolls and regs to dig up the good stuff first...but regardless, having 1 mob spawn after cleaning out 3 chests (0 items left in each) seems a bit odd...and we're not talking lvl 1's here either.
I've done enough chest where I only removed items to know if something is not right, and this definitely did not seem right. On the last chest (the lvl 4) I moved things inside the chest quite a bit more than in the others, and all I got in return was 1 deamon. I'd write it down as a freak chest if it happened on one, but 3 in a row???

Will test further tonight (hate to waste maps like this, but for the sake of reporting this I will) to see if this was a fluke, or something that is persistent.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I tested it again last night. Spawn seemed fine.

I'll write it up as three fluky maps.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for the update. It is very random, I hope you did just have a case of some bad rolls.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Derrick wrote:Thanks for the update. It is very random, I hope you did just have a case of some bad rolls.
I roll twenties.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter