NPC Hirelings

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

NPC Hirelings

Post by Mens Rea »

Listen I don't want to make many more of these accuracy suggestions without any sources but this could very well be in the demo - which I don't have.

So, you hire an NPC by giving it 1000 gold - It tells you it will work for 10 days.

Sweet.

Then a minute later you give it 400 gold and all it says is "Thanks I'll work for 4 days".

If I am not mistaken:

1) When you gave them additional gold they would inform you of how much longer they are willing to work in total.
2) There was a command that made them tell you how much longer they would work for.

Also, does the amount of gold you give the NPC accumulate - or does the latter contribution cancel out the initial hiring amount? Because at the moment there is nothing to show either way... :mrgreen:

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: NPC Hirelings

Post by Rammar »

Mens Rea wrote:1) When you gave them additional gold they would inform you of how much longer they are willing to work in total.
This is an early patch, but I don't imagine it changed.

10 Oct 1997
Hirelings now give the correct amount of days they will work when you pay them twice in a row.
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=Ulti ... 10/10/1997
Mens Rea wrote:2) There was a command that made them tell you how much longer they would work for.
"<NPC Name> Report" (which seems non-functional)? Or possibly "<NPC Name> Hire" when you already had them hired? You should get it by giving them 1 gold at the very least.
Mens Rea wrote:Also, does the amount of gold you give the NPC accumulate - or does the latter contribution cancel out the initial hiring amount? Because at the moment there is nothing to show either way... :mrgreen:
It should. I thought I had an incident here where it did not accumulate (paid 1k then 100 or something) and came back to a "wild" paladin. Just tested this and it appears that the pay does indeed accumulate (paid 8 days, then 1 -- 3.5hrs later he's still there), so I must have been mistaken.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yes, I think you should be able to say status to them to get the amount if time they have remaining.

Thanks guys.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Good man Rammar I knew you'd pull through for me