UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

RESIST ANOMALY

Post by Mens Rea »

Been training resist on my mint new char

Really cool char

Good hair

But - there is a problem with the reporting of his resist

It has been reporting my char as having 90.1 resist for the last 3 days of 2 chars macroing fs on it.

But - the weird thing is that I did an analysis of the amount of damage and the amount of times it resisted and the results are in line with that of GM resist.

I belieive my character has been bugged and the wrong amount of resist is being displayed.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: RESIST ANOMALY

Post by Mikel123 »

I will bet you 100 silver that your sample size of testing was woefully insufficient to make any meaningful statements about the rate at which you resist spells.

Post your data, if you don't mind; I'd like to see it.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I have a character at 98.2, started from 55. This was after the resist changes. People just arent giving it enough time. It's resist, one of the hardest skills out there.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

3 days without a gain, srs.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You cast non stop for 3 days without getting a gain before you gave up? I find that hard to believe.

Unless it changed in the last week or so it's entirely possible to get to 98+ at the very least. Resist gains are based on the damage now, try flamestriking yourself with a character that has GM eval. I'm going to start flamestriking my ~98 character tonight and I suspect I will have gained a few points by morning.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

he prob has no eval
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I'm going to start flamestriking my ~98 character tonight and I suspect I will have gained a few points by morning.
Please give update, and much appreciated.
son wrote:he prob has no eval
It is damage based, this may be the problem people are having.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sorry I forgot about it last night.

I just set up a macro flamestriking myself on a 95 resist character with GM eval, and a secondary healer character. I will let it run until the morning and post the gains here.

Edit: Already a .3 gain

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I went from 94.9 to 95.8 through the night (about 8 hours), at some point I lost connection so I imagine that I should have gained more.

Jadow Valroth

Post by Jadow Valroth »

The character that resist stopped gaining for with me was at GM Eval and still has not gained..

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/5538

my thief i never bothered to finish, i'll give it a crack tonight with 1 char casting fs (char will be gm eval/mage), and see how much resist i gain in 8 hours.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

I don't know if people were still having issues with this, but I decided to tackle my 97.5 resist I've had on one toon forever now. Had another gm mage / gm eval casting on him as he was naked and being healed. Took a little over 3k of each flamestrike reg but got to GM in less than a day. It' s slow, but the gains are there.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”