Tameables are broken

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Tameables are broken

Post by Roser »

Ok just to rehash number 4.

Dragons attacking reds without commands is proper. The Dragon should not attack its master ever unless given a command to do so. Same goes for nightmares. This should be a non-issue IMO.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Regarding #3, you are incorrect. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that the behavior you're talking about was UOR, not T2A.

Regarding #4, I think there was plenty. But, if you don't recall it, by all means find your own contrary evidence!

Regarding #1, I think you're talking UOR again. But I'm not as positive as with #3. In T2A, pets behaved somewhat strangely with regards to who they were attacking. Actually, in UOR they kind of did too. I never could figure it out, as far as what they did when you told them to attack something, and something else was concurrently attacking them. The main difference was, in UOR, you had access to "All Stop" as a measure of clearing a pet's memory and starting from scratch. In T2A, "all stop" = "all stay", which simply means "stay where you are", and that is overwritten by any aggression that's currently ongoing. So that's why I think we all remember pets being easier to control. But of course this is UOR. As for 1-second re-acquires, are you talking just dragons or all pets? That sure seems strange if it's all pets.

Someone might be able to chime in about #2. I think there was a lot of historical back and forth here about pet speed. Era accounts speak of lightning fast white wyrms and frenzied ostards, but I think we ended up deciding that was due to everyone being on foot and being lagged. I'm not saying I agree, but it's certainly plausible.

Soul

Post by Soul »

All Guard me: tested today on elder gazers for hour atleast.

Only one of your pets reacts on creatures attacking you , while ''all guard me''.

example: I grab 4 dragons feed em , say all guard me 5 times , gate to gazers , gazer attacks me and only one dragon will defend me , the rest is just watching it ...
Llama shop - We make trammel mobile! http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21274

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Soul wrote:All Guard me: tested today on elder gazers for hour atleast.

Only one of your pets reacts on creatures attacking you , while ''all guard me''.

example: I grab 4 dragons feed em , say all guard me 5 times , gate to gazers , gazer attacks me and only one dragon will defend me , the rest is just watching it ...

He's sorta right. Rose tested it too and we found that Rarely 2 out of 3 will attack when guarding.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Mike123: Say Whaaaa???

Dude where do you get UOR out of any of that? I'm specifically talking about what things are like now opposed to what they were before the last big patch.

UOSA not OSI bro.

Mikel123 wrote:overwhelming amount of evidence
So link something if your going to use those words. And please do a little in game research before posting on a thread like this.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm sorry you misunderstood my post.

What you're posting about, in #3 for example, is inaccurate, and has been on this shard for ages. So arguing that it now doesn't work like it used to, is sort of missing the point. The way it used to here ("all stop" erasing a pet's memory) was never accurate to begin with.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Soul wrote:All Guard me: tested today on elder gazers for hour atleast.

THis was a recognized bug shortly after this patch, it should have been fixed along with a few other items that are being mentioned. It's like one of my publishes disapeared. Looking into this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Soul

Post by Soul »

Was waiting for that responce. Thanks sir
Llama shop - We make trammel mobile! http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=21274

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

RoseRIP wrote:3) White Wyrm's. I realize White Wyrm's cast mass curse and sometimes attack each other when in groups, this is correct however; It is very hard to get them to stop attacking each other once they have began fighting.

"All Stop" in this scenario does not seem to be working properly. When the "All Stop" command is issued, the pets will successfully stop, yet if you do not wait the ridiculously long timer before issuing any other command, they will begin fighting each other again (even if you switch their combating targets, I dont get it). Wonky.
Not sure about the others, but this one is accurate to OSI. "stop" command does not cause your pets to tab out. There is no command that did that. White wyrms were useless for pet group hunting.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The bugs involving attack/kill should have been fixed this morning. The pathing still needs to be fixed.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Derrick wrote:The bugs involving attack/kill should have been fixed this morning. The pathing still needs to be fixed.
Thanks Derrick
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson