Being an accuracy nazi: whats the argument?(opinion)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
bismuth

Re: Being an accuracy nazi: whats the argument?(opinion)

Post by bismuth »

Ok then you can have fun logging on to your single owner character every time you want to cross a table barrier.

Most people's point of security will become their front doors once coowners are removed.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

bismuth wrote:
Ollie wrote:Tables. Lots of tables. Every home has tables. Is this a way for rewarding the informed and punishing the ignorant?
I agree. The way housing is currently is pretty much as bad as it could possibly be. It is actually 100% secure for anyone who knows how to take advantage of the system. The only people ever at risk are newbies.

This will hopefully be fixed soon with housing system updates. Removing co-owners will be a good start, because then if you want more than 1 single person to be able to access a house you will have to ditch table walls. If fixes to keyrings go in at the same time then to access a house people will need to carry a key.

This will enable looting of higher value targets if you are skilled. It should take some of the focus off of victimizing newbies who don't know any better and bring a bit of risk back into the game for people who are already familiar with the mechanics.

Thats a good point, but I am not sure I want to live in a world where you can be murdered and more or less lose everything you own if people simply recall to your home off the rune they took from you and unlock the door. This would mean that leaving the guard zone would be even MORE dangerous, and conveniently recalling to your home? Might as well forget that if you don't have a ton of archer bots.
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

bismuth wrote:Ok then you can have fun logging on to your single owner character every time you want to cross a table barrier.

Most people's point of security will become their front doors once coowners are removed.
The way co-owners work now never existed during t2a. It's convenient, and I can't say I don't like it, but it's a unique "feature" to this shard. (Being co-owner of multiple houses and also a house owner.) I also like the exterior key ring bug, but that too never existed.

I don't know how characters on the same account as the house owner will work. I don't remember them automatically being friends of the house. (Edit: after checking the patch notes, it seems that characters on the same account as the house owner were friends of the house.)
Last edited by Joueur Moyen on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Ollie wrote: Thats a good point, but I am not sure I want to live in a world where you can be murdered and more or less lose everything you own if people simply recall to your home off the rune they took from you and unlock the door. This would mean that leaving the guard zone would be even MORE dangerous, and conveniently recalling to your home? Might as well forget that if you don't have a ton of archer bots.
Don't keep your rune and house key on your character. That was par for the course back in the day.

And I don't think being able to change house locks is disabled. Before that feature came into the game, it really was a problem losing a house key.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

can we just make trammel and get it over with? i dont like my stuff being looted either

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I am total dolt matron, my apologies. I reread my post this morning and saw I had a drastic math error, as everyone pointed out!

Still, my point stands since homes wouldn't get decay anyways.

Thats a load of bull man. Trammel didn't come out on Nov 23'd.

Veritas
Smithy

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Why would we ever switch to the next phase of housing (lockdowns with no-decay) when it was clearly only a temporary transitionary period?

Faust

Post by Faust »

The same argument could be made for Phase One Matron...

Both phases were temporary until the over goal or final phase was accomplished.

This isn't about what housing system is better. The decision needs to be based on what better represents the t2a era. Do those that enjoy phase one housing, no runebooks, no kegs, and no skill management, etc... believe it better represents the era or the opposite(the large Nov. 23rd '99 patch)?

A decision should definitely be made by the staff here. The argument for era accuracy will always be illegitmate until this issue is eventually addressed to resolve any credibility issues. You simply cannot keep the current status quo by using phase one with runebooks, kegs, skill management, etc... and claim to be replicating or accurately representing a t2a system with game mechanics that existed. The shard must reverse all Nov. 23rd '99 items going back to the previous patch for a cutoff date or keep them and validate all the items for the current cutoff date to maintain a legitimate claim to era accuracy.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

I agree with the concept of either all of 11/23/99 or none of it, but I also don't really care. I'll get by without potion kegs and rune books, and go back to drawing little maps of Sosaria with runes in different colored bags, lol.

But I also don't see a problem with implementing some parts of 11/23/99 and leaving out others. It's really not mixing and matching eras. It's simply leaving out parts of the last patch of the targeted era.

Having to lock down items inside containers is Cleanup Brittania. Potion kegs and runebooks are also a part of the effort to clean up the number of items. They do kinda belong together, but the first one is stupid and the other two are good. :/

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Joueur Moyen wrote:I agree with the concept of either all of 11/23/99 or none of it, but I also don't really care. I'll get by without potion kegs and rune books, and go back to drawing little maps of Sosaria with runes in different colored bags, lol.

But I also don't see a problem with implementing some parts of 11/23/99 and leaving out others. It's really not mixing and matching eras. It's simply leaving out parts of the last patch of the targeted era.

Having to lock down items inside containers is Cleanup Brittania. Potion kegs and runebooks are also a part of the effort to clean up the number of items. They do kinda belong together, but the first one is stupid and the other two are good. :/

Good reasoning but I disagree.

If the point of the shard as per Derrick is Era accuracy, it pretty much has to be one or the other.

Veritas
Smithy

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Ollie wrote: Good reasoning but I disagree.

If the point of the shard as per Derrick is Era accuracy, it pretty much has to be one or the other.
It pretty much has to be whatever is implemented.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

Ollie wrote:Good reasoning but I disagree.

Im pretty sure its derrick does whatever he wants in regards to the server and you play on it and have a good time.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Biohazard wrote:
Ollie wrote:Good reasoning but I disagree.

Im pretty sure its derrick does whatever he wants in regards to the server and you play on it and have a good time.

Precisely, hency why we all sit here and bray.

Veritas
Smithy