Archery function and the swing timer fix.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Archery function and the swing timer fix.

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think alot of people do not realize that the reason the Hally-mage was so favorable during T2A was because you could practically insta-kill anyone, hardly nobody had gm resist, and on the rare occasion you seen a dexer with gm resist, you usually saw a dead hally-mage nearby.

T2A pvp was all about explode-otherspell-hally combos, para spam (with hally or explode ect), ebolts and interupts, or (in mage v. mage battles) katana hits with loaded spells.

The ability to "refresh" your swing or whatever was an obvious benefit (though, I admit I never really understood too much about it), I can say that there is no possible way it was 2-3 seconds between hits and I have no idea how that got put on this server.

Hally-mages had a High damage output over a short period of time, they were not the DPS-monsters that they are here. I do not think that the ability of the swing timer to elapse while running (in the proposed system) will make a huge impact on dexers here because realistically, you are turning(which is technically a stop) and pausing to hit people, as your reaction time will always lag that of your opponent (and visa versa). Usually you are tiles away from someone when running, anyway, so hitting on-the-fly will be sort of irrelevant unless you are against a really lagged opponent, or someone on foot. That will only benefit tank mages, as they should be able to run until they have the hally swing (and the time is right for them to hit).

That being said, I am looking forward to archery not sucking so much compared to melee-tanks, due to their frequency of swing being decreased and archery's increased (slightly, 1+ second range).