Guard Protection at North Mines

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guard Protection at North Mines

Post by OhSnap »

Maybe this was a shard specific thing (Lake Superior), and I haven't been able to find any evidence, but does anyone else remember there being a tiny area of guard protection at the Northern Mines, just outside of the cave to go into the Lost Lands? I remember this vividly, since a couple of would-be PKs got guard-whacked there while trying to get me at the Minoc spawning grounds back on LS.

Sandro

Re: Guard Protection at North Mines

Post by Sandro »

I remember this guarded-area you're talking about but I think this was proven to be something that was added later on, perhaps into the UO:R addition when they added the dungeon Khaldun not too far in the Lost Lands in that area.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

OhSnap
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OhSnap »

Sandro wrote:I remember this guarded-area you're talking about but I think this was proven to be something that was added later on, perhaps into the UO:R addition when they added the dungeon Khaldun not too far in the Lost Lands in that area.
ah, I don't like to be "that guy" that says this this and this without any evidence, but I never played in UO:R. However, I played slightly into the year 2000, so unless this was added after our cutoff date of November '99 but before UO:R (almost POSITIVE it wasn't, but again no evidence), I believe this to be era-accurate. But my memory has served me wrong before, I was just wondering if others remembered this to be accurate from T2A

Faust

Post by Faust »

Would you care to display a map of the location please?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you are meaning the passage to the lost lands, i belive you are correct. There are a few passages that are supposed to be guarded which currently are not :/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Above Minoc Faust
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Faust

Post by Faust »

I know what area he is talking about Sandro... but wanted to know where exactly. There are four mine like areas at the northern mines. The t2a entrance at the southern tip, middle part on the right side of the mountain, right side at the very top, and one a screen away from that one on the top part. Simply saying at the northern mines doesn't really help since there are four of them even though he is more than likely talking about the t2a entrance mine. I actually sent Derrick the xml region data that included all non-city/town guarded regions(this specific spot was a part of that data) and thought it was already published to the server. I found out that it wasn't not very long ago from Derrick after my initial post... that is why my understanding at the time of my post was that this spot was in fact guarded when it really wasn't since the data hasn't been added just yet.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

OhSnap wrote:Maybe this was a shard specific thing (Lake Superior), and I haven't been able to find any evidence, but does anyone else remember there being a tiny area of guard protection at the Northern Mines, just outside of the cave to go into the Lost Lands? I remember this vividly, since a couple of would-be PKs got guard-whacked there while trying to get me at the Minoc spawning grounds back on LS.
it was always guard protected from when i started playing. the area from the t2a entrance all the way down to the water. i used to hunt fairly regular at the "minoc spawn", and would always run there when pks turned up or things got rough. this would've been around may 99
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember this too. Unfortunately the only screenshot I could dig up was way after T2A (I'm riding an Ethy)

But for reference, here's the location if there's any mis-communication about that still
Attachments
BloodAngel.jpg
BloodAngel.jpg (21.62 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Haha good ol LS...

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

List of all the T2A entrances and whether they were guarded or not: http://web.archive.org/web/199910051049 ... t2aent.htm

Faust

Post by Faust »

That was the source that I used when configuring the outpost and t2a entrance data for non-city related guarded areas in the regions xml file that was sent to Derrick Silver.