Selecting skill titles

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Selecting skill titles

Post by RoadKill »

Makavellious wrote:
Rammar wrote:There sure would be a lot of Healers and Scholars!

http://web.archive.org/web/200008311737 ... rder.shtml
Actually, that would be correct. Back in '99, anyone that had enough fame to actually show title was either a Healer, a Scholar, or a Blacksmith (mule).

Didn't see very many other titles besides the 3. (Occaisionally mage/warrior).
Don't forget Alchemist, the most common among mule characters!

OSI/EA didn't add a way to pick which title was displayed till long after UO:R

One thing I remember is that Grandmaster Warrior (from Tactics) showed over Swords, Archery, Macing, Fencing, and Wrestling. Alphabetical order is not the proper sorting method. UOPowerGamers had the official "order listing" available years ago, we may be able to dig that up
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I have, on a few different occasions, done some extensive searching on UO.com patch notes and UOHerald patch notes, and have not been able to find anything relating to this.

I'm fairly sure it's not era accurate, just can't find the documentation anywhere ;/
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

RoadKill wrote: One thing I remember is that Grandmaster Warrior (from Tactics) showed over Swords, Archery, Macing, Fencing, and Wrestling. Alphabetical order is not the proper sorting method. UOPowerGamers had the official "order listing" available years ago, we may be able to dig that up
You are actually correct about this... completely forgot about the Grandmaster Warrior ordeal with GM Tactics.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Rammar wrote:There sure would be a lot of Healers and Scholars!

http://web.archive.org/web/200008311737 ... rder.shtml
RoadKill wrote:Alphabetical order is not the proper sorting method. UOPowerGamers had the official "order listing" available years ago, we may be able to dig that up
Column titled "Original Name" was what they were sorted by. Unsure of how the position of the "newer" skills (meditation, remove trap, and stealth) were determined -- possibly used thier real skill name.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

edit: nm i saw the patch note
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE