Having problems walking in certain places

Lazarus

Having problems walking in certain places

Post by Lazarus »

So someone took me to the hedge maze last night for the first time and I couldn't walk in certain places. He told me to resync the client which I kept doing but I still couldnt walk. I had paged a GM but had to log before I could get a chance to talk to them. I also have problems walking in Wind too, its like invisible things are blocking my path so I have to walk in a specific path to walk through the areas outside of town.

Populus

Re: Having problems walking in certain places

Post by Populus »

Lazarus wrote:So someone took me to the hedge maze last night for the first time and I couldn't walk in certain places. He told me to resync the client which I kept doing but I still couldnt walk. I had paged a GM but had to log before I could get a chance to talk to them. I also have problems walking in Wind too, its like invisible things are blocking my path so I have to walk in a specific path to walk through the areas outside of town.
It sounds like you are using another client than the one supported by UOSA.
Download the UOSA client from the mainpage. It should fix your problem.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Ok. You know that might be the problem. I dont know. I slightly remember not going through the same installation procedure I was reading when I firsted installed Razor and UO and it just popped up and started working so I started playing and didnt look into it much.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

I had the same problem when i started because I my roomate had a newer version of UO already on the computer I use. I also would get stuck in the Hedge Maze (around the NE corner of the eastern house) as well as not be able to get into the tower or run up the stairs in the hedge tower. just download the 5.0.8.3 and try her out, fixed all my problems!
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Ok. My version is 7.0.5.0. Patch 95. Is this not newest one?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

And how do I get the 5.0.8.3 version? I'm downloading the UOSA Client Setup package from the homepage. Will this have it?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Ok. I installed the 5.0.8.3 and the regular classical UO music is playing on the login screen and it says 5.0.8.3 at the bottom. However I had to go to Ultima Online (without Razor) to get this. Every time I use Razor to open UO it goes back to the other version. How can I get Razor to work?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

On the "Welcome to Razor" screen, set the "UO Data Directory" manually to the location you just installed to. Razor is detecting the wrong UO install.