Disguise kits

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Disguise kits

Post by MatronDeWinter »

In T2A, if I had the time, and remembered to, I would let my disguised thief idle for 2 hours after playing so the name would change back and I could log in WITH macros the next day. For some reason this 2 hour time on UOSA seems to be real time, and not in-game time.

I absolutely remember this being a gigantic pain in the butt for the entirety of my time on the OSI servers. The patch note is pretty ambiguous and just says "All changes will last for 2 hours", but I am quite positive this is in-game time.

Populus

Re: Disguise kits

Post by Populus »

I stopped using disguise kits just because of this bs.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks, wasn't aware of this. Yes it's likely this should be game time, not real time.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

its incredibly annoying when you log in with a disguise kit and lose your macros, however, i've found a way around it.

it seems that when you make a new character (or when you log in with a disguise kit), UO takes desktop and macro settings from 2 files in your main UO directory (desktop.nwb and macros2d). these are exactly the same type of files that can be found in each of the character folders inside the "desktop" folder.

if you find the character folder for your thief, you can copy the macros2d file into the main UO directory to override the default one, and do the same with the desktop.uos file, except you will need to rename that desktop.nwb.

this also means whenever you make a new character it will start with all the ingame macros/spell tiles dragged out. i was pretty impressed with myself when i figured this out ;]

EDIT: if matron remembers having to wait around for a disguise kit to wear off, does that mean incognito didn't work to remove the disguise? on here currently, if you have a disguise kit on you can incognito yourself and when your name switches back the disguise will be gone.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Incognito absolutely did NOT remove the disguise kit. It was a 2 hour in-game wait, and that is all there was too it.

I knew about copying over the desktop files for the characters, it's still frustrating, but incognito removing the disguise is interesting to me. I dont think you should even be able to cast incog as a disguised thief.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

no i didnt mean you can copy the files every time you log on with a disguise kit. that would be way too tedious.

i meant you can do it once, then every time you log in with a disguise kit after that (or make a new character for that matter) you start with predetermined macros and spell tiles/desktop. saves ALOT of hassle.

EDIT: what about killing yourself? on here it seems if you die twice, the disguise wears off. did that happen on osi?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Death should not cause it to wear off. It was a 2 hour wait in-game, and that's all there was to it.

I get what your saying about the macros, I'll set that up when I get the chance, sounds like it would work just fine! Thanks. I suppose I should go through and delete all the generic NPC named desktop folders first incase I get a repeat name.