Boat refresh

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Pacifico

Boat refresh

Post by Pacifico »

I refreshed a large ship today, not being the owner or having a key to it. It was locked and I tried to get on it and said I refreshed it

Dagon

Re: Boat refresh

Post by Dagon »

its always been like that.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Dagon wrote:its always been like that.
no .. this is part of the latest patch!

•You may now refresh the house by double clicking the main house door, even if it is unable to open (same for boats). (thread)
Boats will now Last forever.. thanks to other players checking for unlocked boats

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

But you should have to have the key on you for it to refresh if I am not mistaken. I think this is just a bug personally.

Pacifico

Post by Pacifico »

yeah I wasn't sure if this is a bug or not, sorry if it isn't just thought it was weird.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You've never needed a key to refresh (here), it's just that now you can refresh if it's locked. You would be able to refresh by double clicking the tillerman prior to this patch.

I do agree though that something doesn't sit well regarding this. Boats in harbors for example will never decay under the current system, as players would certainly be by to check for unlocked boats in public places at least every few days. Some criteria is missing here, not sure what.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Would highly recommned looking at the demo for the way this should work since boats never changed from the key based ownership system unlike the housing. I have a feeling it's based on the key personally. For example, houses and boats in the demo function the same way. The owner of the unit is the key holder. The only way you could refresh a house back in the old days was by having the key and opening the door. The same probably should be for boats. The reason you were able to refresh houses without the key in the new system is because ownership changed from a key to sign/placement.

This could be all wrong with the old system and it was whoever could unlock the door, including the freely accessible opening of the door from inside.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

You needed a key to refresh boats. I will not enjoy this, as I have trouble enough remembering to refresh my boats as it is. :?
Theres tons of references to this.
Boat invasions? Boats are more secure, now, than they've ever been since the game started. Recall off a master key, from your house or from the bank, and
NEVER carry a key on you. Keep a copied key in the hold to refresh the ship
with. Never take a horse on a boat. Never park in the same place twice, never
park close to a town. So much for the exploits.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... ccdb9421ab
There are some problems with refreshing the boat since you have to have a
key on you to do it. Makes it slightly dangerous since you can get PKd and
have the key stolen. What I do is just keep a copy key in the hold of the
boat. When I want to refresh the boat, I just pick up the key, rattle the
gangplank, then drop the key back in the hold.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 24b9cf553b

Interesting one:
I refresh my boat THROUGH my house wall by doubleclicking
the plank while holding the boat key.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 083bfeb8e2

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is actually kind of ironic if it's true and it probably is correct. I have kept my boat key in the hold ever since creating a fisher some months ago always picking up the key to refresh it without even thinking twice about it. It's like one of those automatic situations that you don't even think about such as remembering your UO hotkeys even years after not playing the game.

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Faust wrote:The owner of the unit is the key holder.
There nust be a bug here, then, because as I understand it, only the person who placed the boat can rename it, regardless of who actually holds the key.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Pristiq wrote:There nust be a bug here, then, because as I understand it, only the person who placed the boat can rename it, regardless of who actually holds the key.

Bug. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.
I can't find anything regarding requiring a key or if just being on the ship and closest to tiller (assuming no one else is holding the key) is sufficient.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for posting this. This one should have been caught a long time ago. Boats should not have owners of any sort.

This will be fixed in next patch. Only a player with a key will be able to refresh or rename a boat.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “In Game Bug Reports”