Event Room Trading!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event Room Trading!

Post by Karik Verlee »

MatronDeWinter wrote:That was simply a few typos in the official patch notes.

Has it been documented as a typo or are you saying it was a typo?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

DarkWing wrote:so who are we to believe? some google chat forum? or the guy that was There?
Obviously google chat, because someone's opinion during the era is null, void, invalid, and irrelevant. I read it on the internet so it must be true.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Hicha wrote:
DarkWing wrote:so who are we to believe? some google chat forum? or the guy that was There?
Obviously google chat, because someone's opinion during the era is null, void, invalid, and irrelevant. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Isn't google chat an opinion as well?
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Karik Verlee wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:That was simply a few typos in the official patch notes.

Has it been documented as a typo or are you saying it was a typo?
I have no idea about the snooping thing (I remember it being that way for a short time and then promptly fixed, but it does unfortunately look like our "era" falls on those mechanics of t2a though), clearly I am not Ralph Koster. I just meant to prove that his "But we have this guy, who said he wrote the essay, and he knows for sure that it worked this way" is not a valid source.

At the very least, the chatlogs are timestamped interpretations of what actual people during that era were talking about. I think it's relatively safe to assume, that someone did not post a series of complex lies about the mechanics in 1999, in the hopes that a player-ran server would reference them 10+ years in the future.

His argument is much like the "I was a tamer, ergo, I know "all kill" worked for all pets" one. (and it very well may have, but the research seems to point in another direction)

Back to the topic.
I think that idea is great Derrick, that would alleviate many of the problems associated with these areas.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
Prove me wrong.

Since you specifically said "nothing official", I would like to add that nowhere in the patch notes does it say anything about forensics detecting perma-grey status. http://www.stratics.com is not "official" or in any way affiliated with Origin/EA. Almost all of the content was added by players, much in the same way you can contribute to wikipedia.com.
nor does it say the opposite, says nothing about NOT being able to Detect Perma Grey

if not for Detecting Perma-Grey! why would anyone want to go past 30 Forensic? thats all you need to detect thieves/traps and who killed what!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

DarkWing wrote: nor does it say the opposite, says nothing about NOT being able to Detect Perma Grey
Seriously?
Argument ad Ignorantiam

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
DarkWing wrote: nor does it say the opposite, says nothing about NOT being able to Detect Perma Grey
Seriously?
Argument ad Ignorantiam
YUP Seriously!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room