Raising Int

Cado

Raising Int

Post by Cado »

Outside of camping..what is the best way to raise this stat? I've heard spirit speak, which is an easy macro yet seems very slow. Also cooking, but sounds more expensive. Does Inscription? Do any stats raise just by using them in normal game play? Macroing stats is painfully boring and I'm considering a Magery based alt.

Also, to start a Mage type is it best to go 60/10/10 for starting stats?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Raising Int

Post by Karik Verlee »

For starting a mage Ive done 10/10/50(or 60 whatever it is) then max out skills to 700 from buying them from npcs then off to the stable to go herd animals. It takes about 2 hours max if you're doing it properly to get to 100 str/25 dex/70ish int. Then from there just macro magery/med/eval and you'll be at 100/25/100 within a day or so.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Pirul

Re: Raising Int

Post by Pirul »

Karik's advice seems pretty spot on. When buying skills I'd recomend not buying Eval Int or Anatomy, since they will increase the damage to yourself or your hireling, needing more frequent healing when macroing magery and wrestling. Add tactics to this list if you do not intend to keep it. And obviously, don't buy herding or spirit speak, so you can see-saw these skills.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay