Wand Spell Range Vs. Casting Spell Range

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Everlynn

Wand Spell Range Vs. Casting Spell Range

Post by Everlynn »

I have done a lot of testing in regards to the spell range of wands and staffs. Light and flame wands have max range to the point where your target can almost be off screened and the spell will still be sucuessfull. Casting of spells the range is so poor that you almost need to be next to the person to cast the spell successfully. Has anyone experimented with this or checked into its era accuracy because i districtly remember not being able to cast with a wand in the current range parameters.

Faust

Re: Wand Spell Range Vs. Casting Spell Range

Post by Faust »

Spell range is 10 tiles.

Wand range is unknown to me currently but it probably should be the same if it isn't already.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm admitedly nervous challenging Faust on pacth notes since I don't have them in front of me, but spell range should be 8 tiles per OSI and it should be set as that here. I expect wands are supposed to be the same. Would like to gather more info and look into this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Derrick wrote:I'm admitedly nervous challenging Faust on pacth notes since I don't have them in front of me, but spell range should be 8 tiles per OSI and it should be set as that here. I expect wands are supposed to be the same. Would like to gather more info and look into this.

i thought spell range here was 10 tiles?

Faust

Post by Faust »

April 14th update Apr 14 1999 11:01AM CST - http://wiki.uosecondage.com/?title=1999_Patch_Notes wrote: The targeting range for all spells that target people or creatures is now 10 tiles.
Pretty positive this is how it currently works on UOSA too.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

yea im relatively certain spells are 10 tiles, not sure about wands though. if they have a further range i suspect it'll be 12 tiles. i'll test it later.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

10 tiles for both. It took all of 30 seconds to test.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Sorry. I need to learn not to post after 11pm. I don't know why I was thinking 8 :oops:
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

The RunUO default is someone near 12 tiles.

Probably just about anyone could have mistaken that net difference of 2 one way or the other. :wink: