Newbie Spawn Point?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
OMGCAPSLOCK

Newbie Spawn Point?

Post by OMGCAPSLOCK »

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I did check the first 4 pages of this forum. Why are new players spawned in Yew? Can it not be like the old days where you choose your town?

Krats

Re: Newbie Spawn Point?

Post by Krats »

If you select the "advanced class" then you can select your starting point.
If your using the premade templates, well i never have dunno what happens; but I would assume based on the template it would start you off at the most appropriate city?
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

OMGCAPSLOCK

Post by OMGCAPSLOCK »

I am using advanced class. But it's taking me straight to Yew every time. :s

Krats

Post by Krats »

After you select your skills, and "character features" it should show you a map.. on that map you just need to click on the city you want to start in? should be good to go from there
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

I always see a map to choose from. But Yew has a moongate, just jump into the nearest town you want.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

OMGCAPSLOCK

Post by OMGCAPSLOCK »

Yeah. I never get that map screen. Weird.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's strange that Yew is coming up as default for you, but this might be a client version issue; the starting city is sent by the client in the character creation packet (along with all the other character options you've selectred), but on every client I've seen the inistial default selection is Britain.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

AlexCCCP

Post by AlexCCCP »

Yew is default for me as well (no map), I had assumed it was a server thing and was gonna suggest Britain...
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

punk

Post by punk »

I always try to pick my city, but no matter what I pick on the map, I always start at Britain...
Erik [Hu]