Warrior archer template?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
zaferoff

Warrior archer template?

Post by zaferoff »

I'll come out and say it but I suck at templates. Its a fail for me :cry: I was thinking of making a warrior archer with a template of:

Archery
Fencing or macing
Tactics
30 mage
70 hiding
healing
anatomy
resist

Like I said I suck at templates. What are your thoughts and changes to make a decent pvp archer, probably hunting in a group of 2 or 3 people. Also what type of bow do you prefer to use for this template/your template. And any changes are welcome, switching to a mage archer or whatever you think would be best. Just say it.

benny-

Re: Warrior archer template?

Post by benny- »

Good build for more of a straight warrior....5x warrior (melee, tacts, heal, anat, resist) with archery, decent hiding and enough magery to recall (I'd use scrolls with this amount tho)...all an all a pretty well rounded char.

Archer mage would be 5x mage (magery, meditation, evalint, resist, wrestling) with archery and tactics...a good char for group pvp I'd think...not sure how it'd do solo tho.
- Elisud

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

IMO just drop magery, failing to hide 30% of the time is going to be a royal pain in the butt. Rely on gates from other players, or just use another character to gate you around. You can still recall from a scroll with a base skill of 0 skill, I think, you'll just fizzle a lot.

I personally don't see much use for archery in PvP unless you're hide-stealth-ganking. No insta hit = use it as an opener, but if you try to use archery in the middle of a fight, you have to stand still for your shot timer to run/shoot. Anyone can easily run out of the screen or cast a GH before you have time to fire
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Archery's timer advances while running. If someone takes off, just put on a bow and chase while tossing purplepotions, stop for 300ms every now and then to shoot the bow.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Archery's timer advances while running.
Did not know that. Is that abusable to make hally refresh?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

One of my mains is an archer mage with archery, tactics, eval, resist, wrestling, magery and med. Since I'm not GM I have like 50 hiding and 50 med but will probably drop the hiding.

Bag

Post by Bag »

Can you reset the heavy xbow timer the same as with a hally? Because archer tankmage here I come, if so.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Bag wrote:Can you reset the heavy xbow timer the same as with a hally? Because archer tankmage here I come, if so.
No you cant.

zaferoff

Post by zaferoff »

Now that I think about it might have that but drop mage to 20 and hiding to 80 and hide and attack with a heavy x bow then switch out to melee weapon, dont know how thatd work though :/ or keep 30 mage and drop healing to 70 and hiding to 100?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

zaferoff wrote:Now that I think about it might have that but drop mage to 20 and hiding to 80 and hide and attack with a heavy x bow then switch out to melee weapon, dont know how thatd work though :/ or keep 30 mage and drop healing to 70 and hiding to 100?
Definitely do not drop healing, you will fail to apply bandages very often. Even with 90 healing it's noticeable.

What do you need the magery for? Most skills are crap in PvP with anything less than 100

IMO if you are even considering dropping healing/hiding for 30 magery, I'd go

80 anatomy (enough to res) - anatomy only gives a 20% damage bonus at GM, so assuming there is no direct bonus for having GM anatomy, you'll still get a 16% damage bonus, a bonus on healing and no effect on your % chance to successfully apply a bandage.
95 Hiding (succeed 19/20 hiding attempts)
95 Healing (not 100% sure on how healing is calculated, I assume this gives you a 95% chance for success)
30 base magery, should get boosted up to 35 or so, enough to not fizzle recall

zaferoff

Post by zaferoff »

nightshark wrote:
zaferoff wrote:Now that I think about it might have that but drop mage to 20 and hiding to 80 and hide and attack with a heavy x bow then switch out to melee weapon, dont know how thatd work though :/ or keep 30 mage and drop healing to 70 and hiding to 100?
Definitely do not drop healing, you will fail to apply bandages very often. Even with 90 healing it's noticeable.

What do you need the magery for? Most skills are crap in PvP with anything less than 100

IMO if you are even considering dropping healing/hiding for 30 magery, I'd go

80 anatomy (enough to res) - anatomy only gives a 20% damage bonus at GM, so assuming there is no direct bonus for having GM anatomy, you'll still get a 16% damage bonus, a bonus on healing and no effect on your % chance to successfully apply a bandage.
95 Hiding (succeed 19/20 hiding attempts)
95 Healing (not 100% sure on how healing is calculated, I assume this gives you a 95% chance for success)
30 base magery, should get boosted up to 35 or so, enough to not fizzle recall
That actually sounds like a good idea. Yeah but the only thing I use mage for is recall, and I use em a lot. But I think I might try this. Maybe tweak it a little to what I find right. But thanks a lot!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

zaferoff wrote:That actually sounds like a good idea. Yeah but the only thing I use mage for is recall, and I use em a lot. But I think I might try this. Maybe tweak it a little to what I find right. But thanks a lot!
No problem. Consider that when you have a mage character (surely you'll have some kind of character with gm or close to gm magery), you can just multi account and gate your dexer around - eliminating the need for your 30 points in magery.

I never recall on my dexer, I just leave a mage character in town that will gate me in/out of the locations I need to go. Set up a hot key for

If (mana>=80)
Castspell: Gate travel
Wait 3s
Absolute target (rune - change target depending on what location your dexer is currently in)
Wait 0.5s
endif
!loop

When I need to leave, I just alt-tab and press my gate hotkey, alt tab back. The mage will continually try to cast gate if he fizzles, and stop when he succeeds. You then need to manually stop the macro (you can set a hot key to do this) or he will continue trying to gate every time his mana reaches 80 :)

zaferoff

Post by zaferoff »

I might try this also. Kinda like what you said with a little tweaks.

80 anatomy
100 hiding
100 archery
100 fencing
100 tactics
100 healing
100 resist
20 mage
80 anatomy

kinda like what you said but I do love having a little bit of mage and I figure 20 mage should let me recall 9/10 of the time or something like that. plus the anatomy at 100 only gives 20% bonus so I dont care about the other 4% cause Ill prob shoot a bow once in a fight then switch to a melee depending on the fight situations. Sounded good in my mind but that my mind :lol: Thats if I can get my resist higher than it is right now (70). If I dont, might make resist 70 and 100 anatomy and 30 hiding? But I know 100 resist can safe my life a lot in the future so I dont know. Should I stick to 80 anatomy and 20 mage and somehow get resist to 100 or make resist 70 and 100 anatomy and 30 mage? (sorry for so many noob questions but dont want to mess up on a bad template and have to macro again. Ive macrod so much im sick of it :P)

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

zaferoff wrote:I might try this also. Kinda like what you said with a little tweaks.

80 anatomy
100 hiding
100 archery
100 fencing
100 tactics
100 healing
100 resist
20 mage
80 anatomy

kinda like what you said but I do love having a little bit of mage and I figure 20 mage should let me recall 9/10 of the time or something like that. plus the anatomy at 100 only gives 20% bonus so I dont care about the other 4% cause Ill prob shoot a bow once in a fight then switch to a melee depending on the fight situations. Sounded good in my mind but that my mind :lol: Thats if I can get my resist higher than it is right now (70). If I dont, might make resist 70 and 100 anatomy and 30 hiding? But I know 100 resist can safe my life a lot in the future so I dont know. Should I stick to 80 anatomy and 20 mage and somehow get resist to 100 or make resist 70 and 100 anatomy and 30 mage? (sorry for so many noob questions but dont want to mess up on a bad template and have to macro again. Ive macrod so much im sick of it :P)
Sounds good. Honestly, you will hardly miss the 4% damage bonus - even with 0 anatomy you can hit pretty hard. You'll find out how much you fizzle recall and if you can live with it, altering the template at that stage will only be a matter of buying your magery up from an NPC with the skill arrow on down for anything else.

Don't drop resist, it's a must in PvP. With 70 resist you will basically resist nothing and have to run/hide from mages to survive. I have a char with 70 resist that I hunt on, if I get attacked and didn't run, then I would die in 3 spells every time (not to mention how much stam that knocks off).

You can GM resist from attended a resist session, you'll see them pop up quite often on the forums and you can apparently GM in 1 8+ hour session from 80 resist. Failing that, just make a magery character to cast on you, you can GM resist in about 40? hours macro, but it will cost you a fair packet - around 80-90k. I have GMed resist on 3 characters this way and it is painfully slow. Even using 3 characters casting FS on me, I only went from about 91-98 resist overnight (about 4000 FS regs)

Return to “Guides”