Resurrecting in houses.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Morbent Fel

Resurrecting in houses.

Post by Morbent Fel »

Not being able to res in a house...why have this?

I find not being able to quite annoying...on very many levels.

1. Friends getting trapped when they die behind your barrier.

2. Your character dies somehow, and you have to take him outside to res.

3. Macroing healing on a dead guy, (not sure if it doesn't gain or not...just bringing up a possible argument.)

4. A technique to looting a house

5. Not accurate? Not sure if it was in place sometime during the era or what? (more info would be great.)
Morbent Fel - Light roleplaying pvper, and farmer.
Waruk - Heavy roleplaying blood thirsty orc.
Green Jelly - Pvper

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Resurrecting in houses.

Post by Mens Rea »

I'm pretty sure it was possible to ressurect in housing.

As long as it is programmed to ensure that ghosts cannot be ressurected on locked down tables, doors, trashcans. Also, that when ressurecting the player does not drop down or go upwards when they clicked "Yes" to avoid any exploits.

I was one of the best house fighters of this era, ressing inside was an important part of the game.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Well Ive finally done some research on this:
  • 10/29/97:Wandering healers won't resurrect people on ships or in houses.
  • 10/29/97:Resurrect in houses or on ships will only work if both people involved are in the house or on the ship.
  • 1/20/98: You will not be able to move with the resurrection window up.
  • 2/12/98: The resurrect spell will have a very small range--you must be standing next to the ghost to resurrect them. This is because of the number of house break-in tactics involving resurrection via tricky lines of sight.
  • 9/16/98: Movement while the resurrection menu will be completely impossible. **This fixes house break-in problems.
This is in direct conflict with my memory, but if res is houses was ever forbidden entirely it'd certainly appear in the patch notes since the 10/29/97 note clearly says you could res in houses.

Badea

Post by Badea »

Derrick,

At least to the time I quit, sometime in 2000, it was possible to Res in a house if both resser and ressee where present in the house. What OSI fixed were a lot of loop holes, mostly dealing with movement after res screen presented and exploits involving wandering healers. Wandering healers will not enter houses of their own volition and if led in will not stay. Before all those fixes went in (and especially the elevation bug fix) houses were absolutely useless for storage or doing anything else in. I'm fairly certain the vast majority of (if not all) break in exploits were fixed by this time period in the game.

Slade

Post by Slade »

You could always resurrect inside a house. These exploits dealt with people OUTSIDE the house rezzing people INSIDE the house.

Putting the movement restriction on ghosts with a rez screen up fixed the problem, as did the adjacent tile requirement.

The patch notes are quite clear, imo.