InGame Options not getting saved.

Blood

InGame Options not getting saved.

Post by Blood »

Hello I'm new to the server and I brought with me 3 real life friends. The thing is, we are having a small issue. The first time we ran UO we made the game options adjustments (ie. cache 1000 houses, font, font color, unchecked pathfinding, etc...). Then everytime we quit UO and come back later for more fun, we have to setup up again all the options. All 4 of us have the same issue.

It is not difficult but it can get annoying. How can we solve this issue?

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: InGame Options not getting saved.

Post by orionsune »

All 4 of you must share something in common with respects to your PC. Are you guys running Windows 7 or Vista?

There is some information regarding this issue in another thread. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... ns#p156089

I personally have not ran UO in Windows 7 so I can only go off what i've read. I have ran UO under Vista flawlessly, but i'm also a 17 year IT vet. I would start by turning UAC off, it's useless anyways. I see some suggestions of "taking ownership" of the UO folder from the security tab of the folder permissions. Try running razor/uo as administrator. Try re-installing UO with the installer running as "compatibility mode". Then again this is all assuming you guys are on Windows 7 and these suggestions were complied after a few minutes of searching the forums and consulting my friend google.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

There seems to be a big influx of people with problems the last few days.. so..

Let's be clear on everything. .. which installer has everyone been using?

The first one (old old) with separate 5.0.8.3 patch (new players won't have this), the 300MB installer, or the most recent ~330MB installer?

What Operating System? 32bit or 64bit?

Where is UO installed? Default directory?

Is your Windows user account an administrator account or a user account?

How did you install the client? Did you just run the UOSA_Client_Installer.exe as is? Did you change any permissions or compatibility settings?

Please provide as much info as possible because up until now nobody has had any problems... and all of a sudden a few people are.

Blood

Post by Blood »

Sorry for not giving enough information.

I'll talk about my computers, then I deal with my friend's comps if I get it solved (no win7 pcs). I have 2 computers, both have the same issue.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Home (thinking on formatting for XP).
OS Bits: XP = 32bits and Vista = 64 bits
Account Privileges: Administrator (both)
Client Downloaded: Downloaded the UO Client in the uosecondage.com main page (332mb).
Installation: Ran installation as it is, didnt changed anything, installed razor and uoam too.

Thanks for the replays, keep the help coming :)

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I have only run into this once, and this was years ago so I don't remember much from it. I would defer to Dagon's advice on this one.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I would recommend creating a Razor Profile, do all your hot key's and options in there, then do all your UO options like pathfinding and such. Once you have fully completed your character options, go into your razor directory, into profiles, copy your newly made profile/macro's and save it to another location on your comp so you have a back up.

Anytime you make a new profile or changes to the existing one(s) I strongly recommend you have only One instance of razor running, when logging out use the Log out tab in your paperdoll followed by using the "Quit" button located on the login screen (opposed to just hitting the windows X in the top left).

Lord Blaze

Post by Lord Blaze »

I was having the same problem and it was because I had backed up my UO directory and moved it to a different computer and did not have rights to modify the directories after moving it. I would load up a character and the skills window would have all the presets for a different character and my spell icons would be for that same character. So I would suggest checking the rights on your UO directory to make sure you have modify rights.

-Blaze

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Blood wrote: Operating System: Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Home (thinking on formatting for XP).
There is really no reason to have any problem with XP since XP doesn't have any of the crappy user permission stuff like Vista/7, so that's odd.. Vista 64-bit adds you to a list of people with problems on 64-bit... this is .... interesting

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Dagon wrote:
Blood wrote: Operating System: Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Home (thinking on formatting for XP).
There is really no reason to have any problem with XP since XP doesn't have any of the crappy user permission stuff like Vista/7, so that's odd.. Vista 64-bit adds you to a list of people with problems on 64-bit... this is .... interesting
Windows XP has the same permissions except for UAC; most users aren't aware of it because they have Simple File Sharing enabled. Disable SFS, and you'll see all the hidden permission variables.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Dagon wrote:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17824

I had issues with XP after I ran UO from another user. Interface and options would no longer save, though it was fairly self explanatory since I received access errors every time I closed UO
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE