Option screen

Zanzabar
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Option screen

Post by Zanzabar »

ok got a question..... when i log in everything is fine and dandy but when i go to option screen to turn the music down... fix a macro... or anything related to te option screen i get this message "Could not Create Directory: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ Desktop/Zanzabar/SecondAge/Darknessfalls: neeed some help bc i wanna listen to music :P

Populus

Re: Option screen

Post by Populus »

C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\ Desktop/Zanzabar/SecondAge/Darknessfalls:

That doesn't look right to me. Should be \ all the way. Also, what's that space doing before Desktop? Also :

:?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Zanzabar
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zanzabar »

Could not create directory: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\Desktop/Zanzabar/SecondAge/Darknessfalls: is exactly what the message says

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Zanzabar wrote:Could not create directory: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\Desktop/Zanzabar/SecondAge/Darknessfalls: is exactly what the message says
What version of windows are you using? WinXP?

This could be a permissions problem. Can you check if your SecondAge directory is set to read only (right click, properties). If it is, uncheck the box and see what happens. You may get an "Access is denied", in which case you need to change the permissions.

I had a similar problem.

And the / shouldn't matter
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Im guessing you're using Vista or Seven. Try to run as Administrator instead. Right click the icon, and select Run as Administrator.

Zanzabar
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zanzabar »

running winxp acctually

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Did you try what I said? Like I said, I had the same issue up until a few days ago. I believe the reason it happened was due to me running UO on a different user account, which changed the permissions on my UO folder. It's a pain in the ass and i was glad when I figured out what was causing it
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Zanzabar
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zanzabar »

i tried what you said shark... still having the same problem :/

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Zanzabar wrote:i tried what you said shark... still having the same problem :/
Did you receive an error message when you tried to unset read only? Was it set to read only at all?

That's only the first thing to check, I can link you to the page that solved my issue if you are having the same issue, I was just trying to establish whether it is the same issue or not.

Zanzabar
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zanzabar »

it was set to read only... i unchecked it.. and no error i apply ok'd it and restarted razor... still having same prob... that addy u have would be great... i uninstalled and did everything again.. still same prob... so ya im not sure whats up :/

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Zanzabar wrote:it was set to read only... i unchecked it.. and no error i apply ok'd it and restarted razor... still having same prob... that addy u have would be great... i uninstalled and did everything again.. still same prob... so ya im not sure whats up :/
TBH it sounds like the same issue if your folder is set to read only. I'm guessing mine came from applying the registry information to a different user on the same computer, so re-installing wouldn't fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

This isn't the same page I used, but the best I can find right now (I'm at work). If you can't figure it out from there, I'll make you a guide with screenshots of how I did it, when I'm at home. If you can't find a "security tab", you need to enable it in Folder Options (the same place you set visibility of extensions and hidden files/folders).