Longer guild abreviations

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
uofuntime

Re: Longer guild abreviations

Post by uofuntime »

Notoriety wrote:why wouldn't trammy guilds want it just as much?
Never heard of a "trammy guild" as this shard is all fel (besides tourny area of course). but idk. tbh i can't really think of reason why anyone would want this (besides you of course)

guess if you want something like:

[I'M A KEWL, DOOD]

I guess?

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I'd be OK with them adding the 4 letter guild titles if it was done as a gold sink. I'd make it no less than 10 million simply because it would remove a great amount of gold as well as being very exclusive since obviously not everyone has that kind of money.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Pac

Post by Pac »

uofuntime wrote:
Notoriety wrote:why wouldn't trammy guilds want it just as much?
Never heard of a "trammy guild" as this shard is all fel (besides tourny area of course). but idk. tbh i can't really think of reason why anyone would want this (besides you of course)

OP has no clue as to the concept of this shard so I'm not surprised.

Notoriety

Post by Notoriety »

gtfo out of my thread if you want to derail it.

no i dont want to name my guild DOOD, dude.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Notoriety wrote:gtfo out of my thread if you want to derail it.

no i dont want to name my guild DOOD, dude.
You dont own the thread or the forum, sorry.

This forum exists for discussions on era accuracy, which your suggestion is contradictory to.

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

[OOC: I rarely weigh in on server related topics, but I'm compelled to echo what everyone else in this thread has said. It is era inaccurate.

I came from Europa where until 2 years ago I played since UOSA-era, and for the majority of that time I was involved in a role-play community comprised of a load of active guilds. Role-play guilds more than any other guild need abbreviations that're snappy and relate to the guild name, and every single guild in that community managed to do this quite effectively.

Some examples:

Baronship of Cove [BoC]
Republic of Vesper [-V-]
Vesper Trading Company [VTC]
Tel'Marian Mercenary Company [T*M]
Sanctum Town [SCT]
The Guardsmen Militia of Yew [Grd]
The Orcs of Tologal [TGL] / [T^L]
The Bujin'Kai [TBK] / Komoto Dama (I think?) [KTD]
The Undead [UD]

This is hopefully to add some weight to the counter-argument, but hopefully "It's not era accurate" will suffice.]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Mark Stoneholme wrote:[OOC: I rarely weigh in on server related topics, but I'm compelled to echo what everyone else in this thread has said. It is era inaccurate.

I came from Europa where until 2 years ago I played since UOSA-era, and for the majority of that time I was involved in a role-play community comprised of a load of active guilds. Role-play guilds more than any other guild need abbreviations that're snappy and relate to the guild name, and every single guild in that community managed to do this quite effectively.

Some examples:

Baronship of Cove [BoC]
Republic of Vesper [-V-]
Vesper Trading Company [VTC]
Tel'Marian Mercenary Company [T*M]
Sanctum Town [SCT]
The Guardsmen Militia of Yew [Grd]
The Orcs of Tologal [TGL] / [T^L]
The Bujin'Kai [TBK] / Komoto Dama (I think?) [KTD]
The Undead [UD]

This is hopefully to add some weight to the counter-argument, but hopefully "It's not era accurate" will suffice.]
Europa[along with several other European and Asian shards] were opened between Feb-June 1999, sometime after guild abbreviations were not enforced to be 3 characters. Several guilds on older American shards did in fact have 4 letter abbreviations, which were grandfathered, and a few are still around today, or at least were the last time someone brought this up.
?