A few minor things:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Morbent Fel

A few minor things:

Post by Morbent Fel »

I distinctly remember being able to put items in almost any container around the world!

I remember starting with 45 strength not 60!! hehe...Oh darn, extra strength.

I also remember NPCs and such telling you about a magical item on a monster in a vague location such as:

"I heard an ogre roams around south of the despise pass with a magical club of power!"

Liches need to drop crystal balls too! It's very minor things like this that made UO what it was for me.

Thanks,

Mor.

:o
Morbent Fel - Light roleplaying pvper, and farmer.
Waruk - Heavy roleplaying blood thirsty orc.
Green Jelly - Pvper

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: A few minor things:

Post by Mens Rea »

You're right about containers, such as barrels, small barrels, etc, etc...

The containers in town used to spawn shop specific items too. The provisioner used to spawn arrows, apples and the likes. You had to steal them to get them.

Much like the books in the Britain Counsellor's guild, of which I have every title in my home.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Just a note, containers do spawn shop-specific items in the locked containers, but you have to lockpick the containers to get them.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

johttenn wrote:Just a note, containers do spawn shop-specific items in the locked containers, but you have to lockpick the containers to get them.
This is true, but practically every box/barrel/chest used to have them.

I used to collect stacked candles from Wind, and sell them as uber-rare "double candles" haha...

akeba

Post by akeba »

Didn't rocks and bramble patches in the woods used to block movement? I don't remember being able to run through them all.

Artemis

Post by Artemis »

Starting max stats should be total 45/10/10
The extra stat points for starting characters where added with later expansions

Ebolter

Post by Ebolter »

Not all brambles and such would stop you, only certain tiles.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great post, all these items are on the list to fix except the brambles which I belive does happen now but it may depend on your client version on whether you rubberband off them or just get stopped.
Thanks guys

Morbent Fel

Post by Morbent Fel »

Derrick wrote:Great post, all these items are on the list to fix except the brambles which I belive does happen now but it may depend on your client version on whether you rubberband off them or just get stopped.
Thanks guys
Awesome, thanks a lot. :D
Green Jelly - Pvper

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Derrick wrote:...except the brambles which I belive does happen now but it may depend on your client version on whether you rubberband off them or just get stopped...
I think it is best to ensure all bramles either block or do not block, otherwise getting around is unpredictable and extremely frustrating. At the moment I am not blocked by any brambles, which is nice.

eyesdearth

Post by eyesdearth »

Mens Rea wrote:I think it is best to ensure all bramles either block or do not block, otherwise getting around is unpredictable and extremely frustrating. At the moment I am not blocked by any brambles, which is nice.
What you see is client-side. What clips is server-side. Rocks, trees, and logs clip, brambles are just cosmetic for the most part. They could host a definitive set of statics files for download, but it's sort of a waste of bandwidth for what is not actually a problem.

If the brambles confuse you, there are at least two different "tree hack" art files (not statics files) which remove all cosmetic brambles and make all trees look either like stumps or wood blocks, for increased visibility. It's important that you use the art.mul and artidx.mul versions of the tree hack, and not any statics file versions, because if you alter the statics of the trees, you can't lumberjack them. You just want to change what they look like, rather than what they are to the client.

Morbent Fel

Post by Morbent Fel »

A couple things I should've added:

Not 100% sure on this one if it was pre-t2a or t2a. But you could place a small house on a tower roof. Anyone remember this? Would be nice. :p

Another thing, liches currently drop gnarled staffs with no magical properties. They used to drop them all the time, sometimes with upwards of 199 item id charges!

Also...I can't seem to sell platemail that drops off bone knights, and skeletal knights.

Thanks,

Mor.
Green Jelly - Pvper

alatar

Post by alatar »

i have mentioned the lich drop inaccuracy about 3 times now, don't think they're gonna change it
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

Not 100% sure on this one if it was pre-t2a or t2a. But you could place a small house on a tower roof. Anyone remember this? Would be nice. :p
YES omg, you said that and I instantly remembered every tower having a house on top of it in my neighborhood.

I started sometime in '98 and i'm pretty sure they axed it before UO:Ren.
I supposed it's up to derrick.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Tower courtyards, and Small houses on Towers were part of the origonal no-ownership system. At that time, house placement rules were very/ loose (earlier on they were so loosely restrictive that people had houses on the bank roof). When they introduced the house ownership system, the ability to create house designs like that dissapeared. Since housing for the origonal system was frozen before T2A came out, and the newer system was introduced only a couple of months into T2A, that system is not accurate to the era (sorry, I know that it would have been really awsome to have that option).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org