Weird problem placing any house type

g0ld

Weird problem placing any house type

Post by g0ld »

Any ideas? Can't seem to find anyone else ever having this problem. Makes it kinda silly trying to place something in a tight spot!
Attachments
see the offset of the house model from the cursor.
see the offset of the house model from the cursor.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Weird problem placing any house type

Post by Chaos »

Not sure your question please restate.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Downs

Post by Downs »

the house model is rarely right

log on test center and see how much of an offset u have if u wanna use the ghost image as a guide.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Not to put up adds in this section .. but I'm really bad with house placement .. I know that the ghost image is off a tile or two and you also need clearance for walk around a lot of objects and that there are some objects that can be placed over .. However that is the extent of my understanding of it ..

Myself I use Tabius from $$$ for all my placement issues. He is cheap considering his skill and amount of work he can and will put into perfect placement. Again not really trying to put an add. up for Tab or anyone else, but this is the best Info. I can offer on this.

Though there are a lot of good placers and a lot of trust worthy players .. as always be careful and research any large deal with any player.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Downs

Post by Downs »

u need a 1 tile buffer zone from all walls, and the front and back have to each have 5 tiles free from another house. Walls can't be placed over dirt patches, but they can go under the floor.

Test center is the best place to learn to place houses. cash the 1 mil check buried in ur bank and go play around
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

move your game play window to the top left corner of the client window, and the ghost image will be correct with your cursor

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Dagon wrote:move your game play window to the top left corner of the client window, and the ghost image will be correct with your cursor

I dont believe you are correct Dagon, I think no matter where your gameplay window is, the ghost house will always be off.

I've tested this a few different times and its always been off for me. I've changed the gameplay window size, location, etc

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Kryptonical wrote:
Dagon wrote:move your game play window to the top left corner of the client window, and the ghost image will be correct with your cursor
I dont believe you are correct Dagon, I think no matter where your gameplay window is, the ghost house will always be off.

I've tested this a few different times and its always been off for me. I've changed the gameplay window size, location, etc
nah, it's correct....

game window not top left:

game window top left:

Bag

Post by Bag »

I can vouch for the client screen thing. Keep it in the top left corner for house placement - that's how I was able to place my tower.