An observation, and what I miss about it.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

An observation, and what I miss about it.

Post by Mens Rea »

In-town NPC vendors used to respawn back inside their respective shop when they wandered too far.

Although this may have been a poorly implemented fix for vendors wandering too far from their shops, I miss it.

I miss NPCs spawning back at their shop, and the buy-menu closing while you are viewing it, and sometimes causing the client to crash.

For authenticity's sake, make NPCs wander too far and appear back in their shop pllzzzzzzzzzzzz ^^

Derrick

Re: An observation, and what I miss about it.

Post by Derrick »

The NPC vendor system on OSI was incredibly complex. Each "shop" was a special place with its own resources and whatnot. I'd like to bring in as much of this as possible but tbh the complexity was overkill for the benefit it provided the economy. We've implemented something like this on the stable masters since stables are now independent of each other, and the stable masters will return to their posts if they wander too far at most stables.

I remember how incredibly annoying it was to say 'vendor buy' to a shop-keep that had wandered outside his building, only to have him pop back inside and then respond. I'll see what I can do about replicating this :)

LudKrud

Re: An observation, and what I miss about it.

Post by LudKrud »

As strange as it may seem a lot of the "annoying" things that happened are among the strongest memories.

The vendor thing,horses bucking you off and going wild in the middle of a fight,its all part of the t2a experience.

Even the insta-hally hit exp/FS kill....I always hated that but at the same time I missed it.