Solo places

Cado

Solo places

Post by Cado »

So, I can handle Covetous dungeon solo pretty well now. At least as long as there are no gankers out :p
So, I'm wondering what other areas can I explore solo? I wander around Vesper/Minoc area and kill things, I do the abduction quests, but that get's old after awhile. Any ideas on where I might go for soloing?

I love doing the t-hunts and dungeon crawls with the guild, but usually that's not until a lot later in the night. I don't have a rune book either and no clue as to how to access other dungeons or other places to solo.

Thanks
Cado

Pirul

Re: Solo places

Post by Pirul »

There's a fairly good rune lib in 2nd floor of Guildhouse. :D

If you're looking for more spots, there's a very complete rune lib just off (to the west) of the north Vesp bridge. It's in a vendor house that has an NPC holding an Ice Staff. There you'll find rune books to all dungeons, cities, shrines and t2a entrances.

There is basically no where safe from pk's, but another place you might try solo I'd say is CotD.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

There is a pretty good rune library in the tower just north west of the Brit moongate that is easy to get too. Also one on the south west corner of the moonglow island. You can solo almost anything with intelligent tactics. A fun run is the northern desert in t2a.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

benny-

Post by benny- »

There are quite a few places you can solo. As Pirul mentioned, CotD is a good spot...can be done solo and is very inactive as far as pks go. I like Fire dungeon for the same reasons. Wrong is pretty good, but you're a little more likely to run into pks there.

With any dungeon you have to get a feel for pk activity I suppose...some you'll rarely see a pk, some you're almost guaranteed to encounter pks, heh.

I like to do overland spawn a lot...some of the different orc or brigand camps. I also enjoy just running through the lost lands (t2a) and getting lost a bit while seeing what I can find, heh.
- Elisud

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

What is the CotD?

Populus

Post by Populus »

Karik, have you moved? (ingame)
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Populus wrote:Karik, have you moved? (ingame)
Nope, still there why?

Cado

Post by Cado »

Thanks for the advice!

I checked out Moonglow as I hadn't been there before. I wandered around and killed mongbats til i went to the graveyard. Killed my first lich solo! It was actually easier than i thought it would be.

Feeling a bit more confident, I tried out Fire Dungeon. That went pretty well too and made some nice dough (about $3K in a pretty short period of time) killed more liches with other undead as well as some other nasties, though I didn't go in too deep quite yet.

Anyway, was a fun outing. I'll try some of the other spots mentioned next time maybe. I remember from when I played UO last a couple of years ago a dungeon that had ettins and earth elemental spawns...can't remember name but it didn't seem too high level of place...tons of spawns though

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Karik Verlee wrote:What is the CotD?
City of the Dead, New Lands.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Ahh. That is very doable solo, and even easier with a friend. Went there my first day back and got some awesome gains while making a little loot. Be sure to grab the platemail off the bone knights and sell them back in Delucia.

Cado

Post by Cado »

How do you get there?

Also is there some places that are better for selling drops to npc's than others? Karik's comment made me wonder :)