Stuck Verifying Account

Eadric

Stuck Verifying Account

Post by Eadric »

About a year or so ago I checked out this server and played for a bit, then it spontaneously stopped working for me and I was too busy with school to figure it out.

I get stuck on "verifying account" and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong.

I've tried on multiple different internet connections.

I've tried plugging directly into my home cable modem.

Even when I enter a new account name and password, I hang up on verifying account.

I'm running Vista.

I've tried running Razor as administrator. I've installed fresh from the client provided on this website.

anyone have any tips?
Attachments
razor.jpg
razor.jpg (26.2 KiB) Viewed 2007 times

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stuck Verifying Account

Post by orionsune »

Are you using the client available for download from this site?

Have you tried it on a different computer?

Are there other players that use your internet connection?

Does it stick at Verifying Account with just one account, or many?

Eadric

Post by Eadric »

I was actually wrong - I'm able to log in from a different internet connection (I thought I wasn't able to before, but I guess I was mistaken).

So it's not my computer or my network. It must be my Grande internet. Strange, because I don't have a problem with any other online games, but I've tried a few UO free servers via Razor and they've all hung up on verifying account. Also, all accounts are the same. Even creating a new account hangs up at verifying.

I don't see how I could possibly fix my problem if my ISP is to blame. I guess I just won't play from home, hehe.

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

I am not convinced it is your ISP. You mention you can play when you are not at home. Are you using the same computer to play when you are not at home?

Pat

Post by Pat »

Firewalls?

orionsune
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by orionsune »

Firewalls only matter when you need an incoming port opened up for incoming traffic, or if your firewall is using outgoing port filtering. UO does not require any incoming ports to be opened unless your the one running the server. Outgoing port filtering is usually only found in office, enterprise, or university environments. You are not on a universities network are you Eadric? Or maybe your ISP is blocking an outgoing port that UO uses? Though that would be very unlikely.

Eadric

Post by Eadric »

Yes, same computer in both locations (my laptop).

Funny story. Where it WORKS is actually the University wireless connection. Where it doesn't work is my Grande cable broadband, at home.

Eadric

Post by Eadric »

If I connect to an open wireless network near my house I'm able to log in, but this is connected via time warner. I wish I had another Grande connection to check.