strange issue with tactics gain

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ClowN

strange issue with tactics gain

Post by ClowN »

im curious as to if anyone else has run into this problem. first of all i am no newbie to how skill gains work here. i have macroed fighting skills on 10+ different characters here. this is the only time i have ever seen this issue.

started a new char 2 nights ago, trapped a hired mage npc in my house to macro archery/healing/anatomy/tactics on. got archery to GM in about 8 hours or so, and tactics to 91.4.

now i started macroing mace fighting on the same npc mage. macing started at 0 skill, it is now 72.1 and i have not seen a single tactics gain. its still sitting at 91.4

i am far from skill capped, the skill itself is not locked. i have been macroing anatomy at the same time and have gone from 90.2 all the way to 98.4 since switching from the archery macro to the macing macro. not even .1 skill gain of tactics. i am landing almost every hit on the npc, so its not like im missing swings and skipping the tactics check.

any thoughts?

EDIT - also tried switching to a paladin npc for gains as well. didnt make a difference

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: strange issue with tactics gain

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There is something funny with tactics gains now (happened recently). You need to use a weapon skill that is higher than your tactics skill to gain it seems. I dont know the accuracy of this, but that's why you arent gaining.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

good to know matron, thanks.

has to be a bug then, no way its era accurate

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

just a quick update. as soon as my melee skill got within 10 points (real, not displayed) of my tactics skill (as in when i hit 81.4 macing, while sitting at 91.4 tactics), my tactics started to gain again. it has now gained .4 in the last 5 mins

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

How do you macro fighting skills/healing without getting killed or killing your target?

Noob here to macroing here.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Something similar to this happened to me on my dexxor a while back so what i did was lock it and pwn with just 94 tactics.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Karik Verlee wrote:How do you macro fighting skills/healing without getting killed or killing your target?

Noob here to macroing here.
You have a character that heal you / your target.
ImageImageImage
[cA]