Apeal to all Murderers

Moderator: Support Moderators

QniDopi

Apeal to all Murderers

Post by QniDopi »

I'd like to make an apeal to all Murderes. I highly respect the profesion of the killer. I know how fun it is and i understand people doing it. I understand dry loot and mount killing. Especially to people who have answered the attack or came for a fihgt (brit graveyard and so on..) I just want ask for one thing to do. Or not to do.. When you kill people in dungeons or places that are quite far away leave at least a rune and a recall sroll\regs or\and the mount.. Had hard time trying to attract more fans of the shard, but after 3 times in a row dry looted and left to run a long long way most of them were seriously discouraged. We all win from geting more population on the shard. Just if it's not much, kill, take loot but leave something to recall home..

Bag

Re: Apeal to all Murderers

Post by Bag »

as an aside, you can unstuck yourself using the game help menu to a town twice a day. I don't think it's an abuse of game mechanics if you get pk'd to just unstick to Brit as a ghost and start fresh.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

haha no that would be so weird. A murderer with a heart. These guys are the ones who make me feel funny after. I'd rather him call me noob faggot and dry loot me.

Vincent Alucard

Post by Vincent Alucard »

There are a lot of things you have to take into account. If a pk happens to be nice and res or whatever, you have to know that they are taking a hugerisk just doing that. A smart pk doesn't just stand around like a idiot. Most killers are quick, take whats of value, and gone before you see black and white. So don't think that any pk can just do this, even if they wanted to be nice there are to many risks involved. Maybe you should try being a pk and die a few times in +20 deep stat loss then reconsider what your asking.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

uofuntime wrote:haha no that would be so weird. A murderer with a heart. These guys are the ones who make me feel funny after. I'd rather him call me noob faggot and dry loot me.
Jimi Hendrixx is such a man a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away he pked me then rezzed me then gave me recall regs.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

QniDopi

Post by QniDopi »

Leave the resurection aside, more important are 2 thing:
mount killing - it just sucks..
looting all recal regs/recall scrolls and all runes..

PKs have time to loot you so they won't be in danger if they let you have a way to recall on your body..\
People who take these stuff aren't in a hurry.. They just make your game stuck for a while..

Bag

Post by Bag »

yeh mount killing is pretty obnoxious / unnecessary. I understand looting yr runes and regs, especially if it's in one bag - just grab and run. but seriously, my kilt? my headband, dawg? really? kill my horse?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Bag wrote:yeh mount killing is pretty obnoxious / unnecessary. I understand looting yr runes and regs, especially if it's in one bag - just grab and run. but seriously, my kilt? my headband, dawg? really? kill my horse?
+1. Going to drop some names here but BearJew, whats really the point of killing the horse? I've just come to accept the fact that if I die everything is going to have to get replaced. I dont even try to get back to my corpse.

Bag

Post by Bag »

lol @ BearJew as a name, at least. phattymike blocked me off in a house yesterday while I was vendor shopping on my bard near yew, attacked and killed me, then my horse, and dry looted me. I had very little on me, but I mean the dude took my trapped pouches, every item of clothing, runes, I mean... it wasn't a big deal per se, but it's a mild annoyance that doesn't really accomplish much and isn't even, like, funny in some way.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Bag wrote:lol @ BearJew as a name, at least. phattymike blocked me off in a house yesterday while I was vendor shopping on my bard near yew, attacked and killed me, then my horse, and dry looted me. I had very little on me, but I mean the dude took my trapped pouches, every item of clothing, runes, I mean... it wasn't a big deal per se, but it's a mild annoyance that doesn't really accomplish much and isn't even, like, funny in some way.
LOL! Sorry but the thought of taking someones clothes is just too much. WTF is he gonna do? Sell them for 74 gold pieces? I mean really though. I can understand the trapped pouches though, they are like 12 gold a piece.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Dry looting and griefing in general are part of the game, and why a lot of people come here, but it's kind of like overfishing - you're just discouraging the population and giving you less to kill in the future.

Bag

Post by Bag »

seriously if I get pk'd and I come back and find like, my clothes, and my mount alive, I could kiss that murderer right on his red lips.

dipp

Post by dipp »

When I joined the server I spent my first hours mining for gold to raise my magery.

With magery up, I had a horse, regs and about 100 gold left in my bank when I went to hunt ogre lords.

When my first death came, I did not know about the "stuck-recall" to Britain. I had no other character that could go res or send a gate, and literally I don't know my way around the dungeons to ankh's or wandering healers. The person who pk'ed me, res'ed me, invised me as I looted the random stuff on my corpse (I used to loot everything including clubs) and left me a rune/3 of each recall reg.

At that point there was no way I was going to mine again, If I had not been res'ed I probably would have quit or taken a very long break from the game. It is no longer so much of an incovenience when I die, I have enough money to restock, resupply myself. I understand the /stuck mechanics, and I have alternate characters who can gate/res me.

So while I understand some people aren't going to res thier victims. I think it is important for murderers to remember any 'breaks', like a res or help from other players, they've received while playing here.

Shoot, if you made 3-4k off a PK, throw em a res/gate and maybe they will be back in the field farming gold for you quicker.

Bag

Post by Bag »

all murderers should invest in gm Spirit Speak imo

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Bag wrote:all murderers should invest in gm Spirit Speak imo
What skill do you suggest they give up in order to have SS?