Murderers! Let's add more conflict

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Magnus

Re: Murderers! Let's add more conflict

Post by Magnus »

The majority of people that will obviously oppose this or any similar idea are the elitist's that have the time to appeal these ideas that may possibly pose threat to their elitism. Mean while the ones who are trying to build them selves a decent foundation, but cant compete with the persistent mouths of these PK's. Instead they can gear up and try it again;not very likely, but most will probably log, or even try to establish a PK of their own to counter the grief they experinced. The latter is what I did because I understand that the only effective way to fight terrorism is counter terrorism, ect, contributing to the unbalanced cycle that I dont think Lord British intended. Regardless if ideas like this that are attempting to balance the nonconsentual pvp crises is era accurate or not, doesn't mean that its not going to help the new player base with little interference to the PK's. Stop throwing the NEA around because its hippocracy.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Elitism?

I think it's more like "if you want some action start hunting in groups for reds, they hit up the farm spots every 15 minutes".

Shit you guys could sit there hidden or invis and just wait for them to show up and drop them. It's even better than griefing because you're forcing them to eat stat loss.

Rendar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rendar »

Oswald wrote:Elitism?

I think it's more like "if you want some action start hunting in groups for reds, they hit up the farm spots every 15 minutes".

Shit you guys could sit there hidden or invis and just wait for them to show up and drop them. It's even better than griefing because you're forcing them to eat stat loss.
^^^^ What he said. The most surprising thing to me about this shard so far is that there isn't groups of blues just hanging out in Deciet 4, holding the LL spawn and the room waiting for the PK's to show up. They come around every few minutes like a fricken train schedule. heh. :)
Lord Rendar
Knight, UDL
http://www.undeadlords.net
Catskills/Siege Perilous
Your soul for Myrkul!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Rendar wrote:^^^^ What he said. The most surprising thing to me about this shard so far is that there isn't groups of blues just hanging out in Deciet 4, holding the LL spawn and the room waiting for the PK's to show up. They come around every few minutes like a fricken train schedule. heh. :)
I think that's more because the group of blues you mentioned... are the group of reds that roll around like a train schedule.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Donk

Post by Donk »

Oswald wrote:Elitism?

Agreed, I've been hidden at farming spots for various reasons, not even massively popular spots, and there's a PK comes by roughly once every 5 minutes. If you want PK vs Anti PK action just hide or invis down a dungeon and wait 5 minutes. You'll get somebody along in minutes.
<Zedd[afk> if theres ever a uosa convention and you pked me once ur getting ran over with a truck

Pac

Post by Pac »

Magnus wrote:Stop throwing the NEA around because its hippocracy.
Whats a hippocracy? A government ran by hippos? What?

People like you need to move on to another shard, one that caters to crybabies.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Pac wrote:
Magnus wrote:Stop throwing the NEA around because its hippocracy.
Whats a hippocracy? A government ran by hippos? What?

People like you need to move on to another shard, one that caters to crybabies.
I heard there's a good one at www.uo.com
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

redeodrik

Post by redeodrik »

I agree, griefers don't want "conflict" or "fairness" they just want to cheat and watch you die helplessly.

No need to make it any easier. Most of the "conflict" is griefing.

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Hum, I like your idea, but I think era accuracy rules here. I know there are NEA (Not Era Accurate) events on the shard, but I think those are a substitute for events that the GMs of the best servers would do; speaking of which, I played on GL and hid in my castle after all my friends quit: what kind of era accurate events happened? (assuming I'm not making those up...)