Magincia Magicka/Healer Lag

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Magincia Magicka/Healer Lag

Post by Rammar »

I get some nasty lag every time I enter either of these buildings. This is the only place on the server that I've experienced anything like it.
I'm wondering what the deal is and how I can rectify it as its not worth going anywhere near these buildings as it is now. :(
Using the client from the homepage.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Magincia Magicka/Healer Lag

Post by Chaos »

no idea never heard of a issue like this that was not connected to large number of items in a small area ..

I'll run over there in about 15 20 mins and see if I have same problems and what might be going on.

Ty for post check back for update

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Pat

Post by Pat »

ive experienced the lag in the mage shop... its terrible.

I used to experience it but i just went there and i was fine... idk what i have changed since then.
Last edited by Pat on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Just ran around .. no lag that I could tell .. in and out both shops and also around the town itself .. I'll keep a check on the area for anything out of the normal or lag.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Huh. I've never not had lag there. I've even reinstalled XP Pro on 2 machines with recent downloads of the client.
I do run UO on low spec machines though (not much better than era accurate :lol: ). But I've never had lag even close to this anywhere else.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

In the real game of UO, magicinia suffered some sort of dissaster and was reduced to rubble. To compensate, I believe UOSA has all the building built from scratch, however they are not "static", that is, stored on your local machine. So each building has to be loaded and treated as a collection of dynamic objects. If you have a client with these buildings in place on the static map, the UOSA server will still load the dynamic copies on top of it anyway. It basically makes for a large item count, the same sort of lag you get when you play CTF at the Wharf (which is also all static).

I think the only way to prevent this lag would be to have EVERYONE who plays patch their client to a custom map file, which would obviously limit the connectability of some, and create more issues than it would resolve. I think that the staff has said that they wish to keep the shard as accessable as possible, ergo, magicinia is laggy to some, and they do not limit the features of razor.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Thats probably the reason then. Thanks for the explanation.