would anyone be interested in rp guilds and rp pvp/events

Topics related to Second Age
uofuntime

Re: would anyone be interested in rp guilds and rp pvp/events

Post by uofuntime »

ehafh wrote: what about role playing a pedophile or stalker? follow someone around and emote groping and such.
lmao!!!

i'd find that very funny but i'm sure those people wouldn't know how to roleplay, and "power roleplay", which is annoying. I would prefer "tries to grope Stacy* instead of "gropes Stacy, making her uncomfortable*. I wouldn't mind interacting with a RP pervert if they weren't on a power trip. You know, not RPing how the other player would react, etc. It's the same with *punches Fred in the face, knocking him out* etc

=)

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

uofuntime wrote:I would prefer "tries to grope Stacy* instead of "gropes Stacy, giving her erotic chills up and down her spine*.
I wanna' grope Stacy. Where do I sign up?

I think this is just a start. Currently my guild's trying to build a port outside of Minoc, and maybe start a separate guild for the "town". I think something simple, "black and white" so to speak, is a good foundation. Undead and orcs versus (typically) Yew militia has always been the staple to most role-play shards, the fallback and singular constant. Other guilds chimed in and go to work together through it, and then other stories, events and role-play came about because of it.

While it'd be fun to see those kinds of quirky guilds, too much of it would lose its magic to bystanders and to the players in the guilds themselves. However, it doesn't mean people can't start those guilds up and throw their hats into the ring, but that would be up to whoever wants to do something like that to, well, do so.
Gone to greener pastures.

Mark Stoneholme

Post by Mark Stoneholme »

ehafh wrote:i like the idea of RP but vampires and things like that are pretty tired cliche's.

really anything where people can't figure out what you are doing without asking is probably a bad idea imho.
it would be far more entertaining if it were original yet obvious and something anyone could feasibly join in,
since most here are too leet to do anything but use proven working pvp templates to kill people.
[OOC: Hi ehafh; is this is how you (and possibly others) feel, then here's an excerpt from the militia's website you may be interested in.]

[quote="The Militia - "Concept""]On most role-playing games, you can find a guild of charitable mounted knights in shining armour, and a guild of murderous orc raiders; and all credit to them, they are enjoyable role-playing concepts. But how often do you come across a guild concept that revels in the modest and mundane tasks of the every-day commoner?

Probably not very often, and that's where the concept of a militia comes from; it is not the official town guard, nor is it the professional soldiers of an army. Instead, is it merely a gathering of common people bound by a loosely regimented hierarchy, and a strong sense of civic duty, doing what they can to uphold the law of the land and protect its innocent citizens.

The low fantasy setting ensures that whilst every character has the opportunity to develop a personality, make a name for themselves, and be one of the many cogs that makes a much larger machine, it prevents everyone from becoming a hero, or the chosen one. Keeping things simple is the best way to promote variety, rather than competing to fit into the pre-determined roles of the noble paladin, old wizard, or jaded rogue.[/quote]
Kind Regards,

Mark Stoneholme (ICQ: 644-876-747)
'Militiaman', The Militia.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

^ hi =) Just wanna say your guild looks like it is coming along nicely. Very charming group. Whatever baggage happened in Europa with that similar guild is all left behind! Let's interact!!!

And you two have a point. I love RP but I'm so tired of Paladins VS PKs or RP as an excuse to pk people cliche. Just once I want to see RP for the sake of RP... player interaction and story telling. Like a humble tavern keeper...

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

uofuntime wrote:And you two have a point. I love RP but I'm so tired of Paladins VS PKs or RP as an excuse to pk people cliche. Just once I want to see RP for the sake of RP... player interaction and story telling. Like a humble tavern keeper...
uofuntime wrote:Back in the day I've always dreamed of running my own tavern.
I think I remember reading you were looking for a new template, at some point, too. Maybe you should consider doing it. You seem to have the interest and desire to help a community grow, both locally (guild, town) and at the shard level.

If you do consider wanting to do it, there might be an opening soon near Minoc.

Mark Stoneholme

[OOC: Likewise, the Militia has a 'Citizen' element to it as well, open to all kinds of characters people want to play. If you were looking to open up a tavern business, as a 'Tavern Keeper' or whatever, then perhaps consider Citizenship within the militia guild once we have an established base of operations? Here's the relevant page.]
Kind Regards,

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

@Van Raily:

Hey that sounds like a good idea. Funny, just yesterday I had the idea of starting an aspiring musician, tavern singer girl. She'd have enticement to lure her "fans" and such. Hehe. It'd also be interesting to have a GM chef working as a tavern keeper. Still trying to figure out a fun to play template though.

Mark Stoneholme

uofuntime wrote:Still trying to figure out a fun to play template though.
[OOC: Templates aren't the fun though; I know plenty of people who have very happily played civilian-type characters for long periods of time that don't necessarily have any 'in-game' skills, other than the 'ability to pull a decent pint'.]
Kind Regards,

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

Mark Stoneholme wrote:
uofuntime wrote:Still trying to figure out a fun to play template though.
[OOC: Templates aren't the fun though; I know plenty of people who have very happily played civilian-type characters for long periods of time that don't necessarily have any 'in-game' skills, other than the 'ability to pull a decent pint'.]
Well, I meant a template for a tavern keeper/bar singer. Like cooking, musicianship, enticement, stuff like that. Hoping to do more than just RPing pouring a pint. In my opinion it would enhance the fun of being a tavern-keep and take it to another level. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the template is what makes the RPer. I'm just very picky with my characters. Can take me days to come up with a good name.

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

Swords for butcher knives or cleavers. Fencing for daggers. Maces for clubs or staffs (brooms?). Always good to have to force out unwanted guests.

Could have poisoning to screw up an order for a bad tipper, hehe.

Mark Stoneholme

Van Raily wrote:Could have poisoning to screw up an order for a bad tipper, hehe.
[OOC: Crook'ed barstaff, nice, heh.]
Kind Regards,

chazzman69

Post by chazzman69 »

Mark Stoneholme wrote:
Van Raily wrote:Could have poisoning to screw up an order for a bad tipper, hehe.
Mark you're the same dude as the COA guild that tanked, it's the exact same website only with different text in place. I wish you the best of luck but why keep beating your head against the post. UOSA doesn't RP. No one has maintained a serious RP guild here for any good stretch of time so why keep making these guilds when you know they're gonna tank.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

chazzman69 wrote:
Mark Stoneholme wrote:
Mark you're the same dude as the COA guild that tanked, it's the exact same website only with different text in place. I wish you the best of luck but why keep beating your head against the post. UOSA doesn't RP. No one has maintained a serious RP guild here for any good stretch of time so why keep making these guilds when you know they're gonna tank.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's the same guy. The same website you're seeing is a common template on that free website server.

Mark Stoneholme

chazzman69 wrote: Mark you're the same dude as the COA guild that tanked, it's the exact same website only with different text in place. I wish you the best of luck but why keep beating your head against the post. UOSA doesn't RP. No one has maintained a serious RP guild here for any good stretch of time so why keep making these guilds when you know they're gonna tank.
[OOC: Without wanting to insult your intelligence, chazzman... You do realise that .webs.com is the website formerly known as 'freewebs', and that the template myself and COA both use is a pre-templated design provided by the hosting site, probably chosen by both guilds because it's entitled "Fantasy" and the default image is that of a medieval soldier?

I appreciate you may have witnessed RP guilds rise and fall in the past and so you may not have high expectations of my own (however I also appreciate your wishes of luck), but believe me; I have never been affiliated with Champions of the Ankh, or even seen them in action. I think they went under before I came here.

PS. I don't even know what "tanked" means? Tank to me means damage-soaker, like in MMOs?]
Kind Regards,

chazzman69

Post by chazzman69 »

Time will tell if your endeavors here will be worthwhile, I remain skeptical, but since it's your guild and I have nothing invested but a few words on a forum......best of luck.