Macros

Cado

Macros

Post by Cado »

Thanks for all the help setting up macros for lumberjacking and camping to raise stats. It's helped a lot and I'm sharing them with my boys :-) We should be getting our stats in order here soon, which gets me thinking about skills :-)

I can see how certain skills will just advance during the course of hunting...swordmastery, tactics, parry..that kind of thing. I'm guessing magery could work the same way. But what about skills like magic resist, anatomy...can I macro anatomy using npc's to get it to GM? No clue about how to GM magic resist other than taking a beating by pk'ers...which comes rather naturally for me :-) Healing..well..I just get lots of oppty to heal during regular game play.

My preference is to raise skills during the normal course of play...hunting/adventuring..yadda. However, I'm just not sure how some of those skills would be raised during the course of normal play.

Anyway...just more questions :-)

Pirul

Re: Macros

Post by Pirul »

If you have them pointing up, and have room (or other skills pointing down) they will all increase during game play provided you do stuff that needs them.

Otoh, people are really creative and have found ways to macro basically any skill to GM or almost GM in a very short period of time.

Since your char will be having magery and resist, it is a natuaral tendency to macro magery tagetting yourself (so you resist). This however, will have to be done outside of a guard zone, otherwise the spells won't do damage, and you won't improve resist. This is also a good opportunity to macro healing (on yourself).

Swds, parry, wrestling & tactics, you can also macro with an NPC fighter or paladin, also in the safety of a house. (I personally am improving these and healing in game and with melee sessions but are already starting to get to a decent level)

Anatomy and eval int are the easiest ones to macro, you just spam anatomy while following an NPC around (I macroed this to GM while following a guard in Trinsic and because of it's low pop, never had a problem).

If you decide you want to macro some, or all of these, and need any help setting them up, look me up on IRC and I'll gladly help you.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Cado

Re: Macros

Post by Cado »

Thanks Pirul :-)

I've almost finished grinding stats so I'll probably find a way to do some hunting/exploring for a bit before I try macroing anything else right now.

Is it important to have skills key bound before setting macros? Hot keys and keyboard set up will be my next thread lol.